Free Agency Frenzy

BigBlue

2 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

5 hours ago bomber fans wishing they get Lafrance.......30 minutes ago bomber fans be like...... he's overated and overpriced.

Lol ok.

There is a difference between bringing a guy in at a backup salary to backup Harris as opposed to what the Riders have done and signed the guy expected him to start and paying him accordingly. You can see the difference right? And why one would naturally lead to statements such as over rated and over paid yes? Or is that beyond you? 

6 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

5 hours ago bomber fans wishing they get Lafrance.......30 minutes ago bomber fans be like...... he's overated and overpriced.

Lol ok.

for what you guys are paying him 100% over priced,  there's no ifs ands or buts about it,  the guy has had 1 decent game in a blizzard.  I wouldn't say he's over rated,  he has too small of a sample size to rate him accurately.  But why would bombers fans want him? he's a winnipeg boy and we recently released Lochard. We wanted him as a back up. period.

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

5 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

Lol ok.

i never wished...I hoped we stayed away...and really...what has he proven?...One bad weather game where he was effective

22 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

Lol ok.

Some, id say the minority. I think he is much better off getting starters reps. He is a guy whose contract is based off one game. That at rb especially is the stuff of over rating. Over priced? Good money for a 1 game guy at a position your teams offense doesnt use. Does that scream great, high value deal to you? A lot of people are also kind of out of touch i guess with NI depth / 7th starter money. 

50 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

Lol ok.

I was saying the same with Sam Hurl initially coming here.

Hated it.  Fine player, but in a role until proven otherwise.  Brought in as a starting NI MLB and being paid as such?  No thanks.

Lafrance would be a nice Canadian backup to Harris, but not breaking the bank for him based on one game.

While I'd like to have him here the harsh truth for him is he is second fiddle to Harris. Saskatchewans total lack of a running game or a remotely capable RB means there he has a shot at the starting job.  It's a smart choice for his career.  Now he just has to show he has what he thinks he has.

yes good career choice for him,,,would have been bad business choice by the Bombers. Contrary to what some say, I feel Harris has at least 2-3 god productive years as a feature back and when he is 33 or 34 could morph into a very good slot and play for an additional 3 years at least.

By the time his running back days are deemed on the down grade we will have established Canuck starters elsewhere where ratio can allow us to bring an a cheap American RB. 

Walters and Co. are building this team from inside out and quality drafting, new environment and Winnipeg being a place players want to go to will allow us to have ratio issues a thing of the past, and retool and reload as opposed to always rebuilding

I think the Riders-LaFrance pairing is going to be a good one for both sides. Probably ended up too expensive for us.

Personally I think the Bombers have had an outstanding free agency, when you account for the re-signings and and other signings prior to the official FA start. We're finally in a place with the roster where we don't need massive upgrades at every single position. We addressed a few big weaknesses already.

1 minute ago, Captain Blue said:

I think the Riders-LaFrance pairing is going to be a good one for both sides. Probably ended up too expensive for us.

Personally I think the Bombers have had an outstanding free agency, when you account for the re-signings and and other signings prior to the official FA start. We're finally in a place with the roster where we don't need massive upgrades at every single position. We addressed a few big weaknesses already.

It would be great for LaFrance to spend a year or 2 actually starting/playing to get that necessary in game experience to prove himself.  Not a chance he would get the reps here in Winnipeg behind Harris as he will likely get in Sask.  Let's hope he does well (but not vs us) and when his contract is up,  he comes home in a few years and takes over for Harris.  Could end up being a win win

6 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

It would be great for LaFrance to spend a year or 2 actually starting/playing to get that necessary in game experience to prove himself.  Not a chance he would get the reps here in Winnipeg behind Harris as he will likely get in Sask.  Let's hope he does well (but not vs us) and when his contract is up,  he comes home in a few years and takes over for Harris.  Could end up being a win win

It's going to be hard for LaFrance to get any reps when the the defence is always on the field.