Free Agency Frenzy

BigBlue

3 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Owen's 2016 was better than his disastrous 2015 even with a season ending injury.  Not sure how to project that into 2017 but this seems more like the pointless headline-grabbing signings we get from the Allouettes.  Ocho cinco style.

Jones got his CFL start in Montreal so I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree!

Owens was going to play somewhere this year; he put up about 800 yards last season.  Riders does not seem like a good fit at all though.

But since Jones has enough ego for 12 men that means maybe he just kicks loose one of his other receivers rather than admit the error of his ways.  Collins back in blue and gold perhaps?

6 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Nobody (so far) wants Denmark?

I Don't get it.

I think he has a business on the side.  Maybe he's not taking calls right now.

The longer he's available the greater the chance he can come to terms with the Bombers, but you'd think he did enough last year to be in the second tier of FA receivers.

4 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Owens was going to play somewhere this year; he put up about 800 yards last season.  Riders does not seem like a good fit at all though.

But since Jones has enough ego for 12 men that means maybe he just kicks loose one of his other receivers rather than admit the error of his ways.  Collins back in blue and gold perhaps?

I want Armanti Edwards

yeah, I figured that some team out East would've come for Denmark on day one.

Love this in that it might put him back in blue, hate it in that the guy deserves some respect and dollars from the league.  Given how people were talking about how free agent money was tight this year, maybe it's the B+ guys like him that are gonna take the hit in wallet.

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

So to get this straight.

Roughies plan is to dismantle the core that was was previously built and rebuild it through FA and players that were released?

Yes. Because you can't have old staff hanging around holding you back from all the great things you'll accomplish with new staff you brought on. New is good. Old is bad. Hell, they'll sell the the toilet seat semi dome out for a couple years so revenue won't be an issue while they continue to suck. 

5 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Whatever happened to the Riders losing cap space for getting busted housing 2.6million refugees and keeping them all on their "roster"? Did I miss something?

I'm impatiently waiting for the fallout from this...

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Was that not on the 2016 cap?

It should be, but they haven't released any details about that sort of thing. I honestly believe the league is burying its head in the sand and praying everyone will just sort of forget that it ever happened.