Free Agency Frenzy

BigBlue

8 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Any chance the Bombers are in on Ernest Jackson? I know the team is stacked at receiver now, but you have to think that every team in the West is loaded with talent at receiver. The Lions receiving corp is very scary. 

Dressler, Jackson, Stafford, Adams would put them right up there too. 

I would be a veryy happy camper if we landed Jackson.

52 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Any chance the Bombers are in on Ernest Jackson? I know the team is stacked at receiver now, but you have to think that every team in the West is loaded with talent at receiver. The Lions receiving corp is very scary. 

It might not be official yet but I'm pretty sure I read Jackson signed with the Argos.

1 hour ago, Dirty30 said:

don't forget Addison Richards...

Tate's release would be a big deal. Don't see him fitting in Edmonton or BC or with us.. Paul Wiecek will be so sad.

Best fit I see is as Drew Willy's replacement in TO or QB1(b) with the Jonestown circus. Or maybe backing up Harris or Collaros out east?

If I were Jones I'd definitely kick the tires on Tate, he's got more upside than Glenn.

Edited by johnzo

16 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Thats a very interesting list. Based on my crude math here  are the number of free agents each team has lost to another CFL  club:

7 Cats

4 Bombers

3 Riders

3 Argos

3 Alouetttes

1 Eskies

1 Stamps

0 Lions

When you factor in who and what position they lost,  coupled by who they brought in, I don't know why people make such a big deal about the FA's being signed by other teams. 

The only ones I see really having not the greatest of FA's (and it's not even that bad) is the downgrade in Ottawa from Jackson/Williams to Shaw/Spencer but that is likely all about $$. And Hamilton - seems like lots of teams picking at the bones there.

Everyone's losing their **** over on RF over the players brought in,  but really so far I only see Dennis as a real good signing.  Brouilette isn't all that great (even got me banned for saying as much lol) LaFrance has a lot to prove, Who is White? Owens is a waste of money in an overcrowded receiver landscape and I don't think he's got the burst to be a returner anymore. 

BC and Calgary, as usual locked up more of their own FAs then diving into FA. And with the lack of FA spending this year by Walters, I hope this is a good sign, that the grass is getting greener in our own backyard.

I don't really have a clue what Edmonton is doing,  signing Chambers and Lawrence are big ol wtf's

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

14 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Same site, same rough math; the most active recruiters so far have been:

7 Riders

4 Red Blacks

4 Lions

3 Argos

3 Eskies

2 Bombers

2 Stamps

2 Cats

1 Alouettes

Supply > demand, it looks like a lot of players are going to be out of jobs and just disappear from the CFL landscape. 

15 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I thought Jackson signed in Toronto?   Also no chance in heck that we are going for him.

If the Blue were to go for another receiver I assume it would be Fantuz since I think he's a FA....

Fantuz won't be ready until the second half of the year, if I remember correctly. I don't see that working for the Bombers.

12 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Anyone think that Kohlert will find a new home?  He fell out of favour last year when he forgot that he was playing football and not volleyball.

Not much use for a receiver whose best quality was his hands, when he can no longer catch the ball.  But I'm sure someone will bring him in... if not for training camp then later in the season.

Who still needs what in free agency?

http://www.cfl.ca/2017/02/15/still-shopping-plenty-needs-across-board/

Team: Montreal Alouettes
Need: Offensive tackle

Team: BC Lions
Need: Defensive end

Team: Calgary Stampeders
Need: Offensive tackle

Team: Edmonton Eskimos
Need: Cornerback

Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders
Need: Defensive tackle