Free Agency Frenzy

BigBlue

31 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Anyone think that Kohlert will find a new home?  He fell out of favour last year when he forgot that he was playing football and not volleyball.

Someone will sign him and get him at a good price.

You'd think by now Bomber fans would have seen enough examples to know that a bad year doesn't always equal career is over.

"Word is the Bombers are high on Kyle Knox, who played in 11 games as a rookie in 2016. But if Kyle Walters wants some veteran help, one of Damaso Munoz, Cory Greenwood and Glenn Love would provide an immediate upgrade. Again, like with many teams, it’s a question of affordability."

So do you think Walters will have somme actual comprtioon for Knox at MLB when camp opens? Iy's been a while since we had a genuine rookie MLB candidate with a real chance here ...

9 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

"Word is the Bombers are high on Kyle Knox, who played in 11 games as a rookie in 2016. But if Kyle Walters wants some veteran help, one of Damaso Munoz, Cory Greenwood and Glenn Love would provide an immediate upgrade. Again, like with many teams, it’s a question of affordability."

So do you think Walters will have somme actual comprtioon for Knox at MLB when camp opens? Iy's been a while since we had a genuine rookie MLB candidate with a real chance here ...

Glenn Love would be a great pickup.

Greenwood if we want to start an NI... with Waggoner, Hurl and Greenwood you'd think we could manage it... I don't know if I want to go down that road though.

I thought last year, the biggest problem was no pressure from D line, no run stop.

Looks like the two new guys will fix those problems to a large degree. Although I thought that Cummings was going to do that. and some of the other guys that were supposed to. the Alabama D Lineman, and Justin Cole. It Just didn't pan out. Really hope these two will fill the bill. Third year of not enough pass rush no run stop. As we all know, turn overs saved the defence, and those amazing plays..... like it, but wouldn't we rather not count on that stuff?

Lets hope we get that fixed this year, or not much will change.

Edited by Mark F

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

maybe we are saving our cash for Laing?

We're pretty much done, man. We have big money invested in a lot of guys and while you're seeing teams sign guys now (coughMontrealcough) what we haven't seen yet is the fallout. We're in a position where we don't have to cut any bait right now either.

Look at the big ticket names on our team: Nichols, Harris, Bryant, Chungh, Adams, Dressler, Smith, Westerman, Nevis, Okpalaugo, Wild, Leggett, Medlock ... we've got plenty of money invested and they're going to want to retain some flexibility. I suppose Laing is possible, but I'm guessing we're done with the big name tickets for now and if we're not, you have to assume someone is going out the door.