Free Agency Frenzy

BigBlue

31 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

12-6...bah..that was the rebuild prediction. This year he likely goes 14-4 or 15-3. Probably calls them unstoppable.

What I have gotten a kick out of these past 2 or so years is the fans of a 3-15, 5-13 team criticizing the moves of other teams.  

I guess if you can make someone else look bad it takes some shine off of your own situation. 

Edited by lyin' guy

Here's my list of notable Free Agents still available:

A-M Cash: DT Int
J'Michael Dean: OL Nat
Micheal Klassen: DL Nat
Corey Greenwood: LB Nat
Greg Van Rotten: OL Int
Andy Fantuz: WR Nat
Euclid Cummings: DL Int
Dan Federkiel: OL Nat (though he's likely Cgy or retire so I guess he shouldn't really be on the list) 
Devon Bailey: WR Nat
Terrell Sinkfield: WR Int

curious to see where some of these guys end up...

19 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Here's my list of notable Free Agents still available:

A-M Cash: DT Int
J'Michael Dean: OL Nat
Micheal Klassen: DL Nat
Corey Greenwood: LB Nat
Greg Van Rotten: OL Int
Andy Fantuz: WR Nat
Euclid Cummings: DL Int
Dan Federkiel: OL Nat (though he's likely Cgy or retire so I guess he shouldn't really be on the list) 
Devon Bailey: WR Nat
Terrell Sinkfield: WR Int

curious to see where some of these guys end up...

Scratched one off there.

Is Getzlaf a FA?  That would be a headline name.

20 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

These Free Agency signings include re-signings (in white) and where the players came from - colour-coded for your convenience and viewing pleasure.

Just tap on the list and it will enlarge.

Love the colour coded chart.

Ticats roster has been getting plundered.

2 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

What I have gotten a kick out of these past 2 or so years is the fans of a 3-15, 5-13 team criticizing the moves of other teams.  

I guess if you can make someone else look bad it takes some shine off of your own situation. 

You'll notice the main detractors are the Jonestown crew....and it's definitely deflection. I just love how every time Jones appears to do something right he just turns around and makes another head scratching move. Chad Owens??

I would sign Laing, using Neufeld money and Thomas money. Either out right release them or try and package them in some kind of draft day deals for mid round picks, or depth players. If not takers on draft day then show the door.

Draft the UCLA DT and rotate him along with Butcher and Tennant in the DT spot with Laing and Nevis. Goes along well with having big bodied tackles to clog up the middle, cause some push and wear down an O-line over course of game.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I would sign Laing, using Neufeld money and Thomas money. Either out right release them or try and package them in some kind of draft day deals for mid round picks, or depth players. If not takers on draft day then show the door.

Draft the UCLA DT and rotate him along with Butcher and Tennant in the DT spot with Laing and Nevis. Goes along well with having big bodied tackles to clog up the middle, cause some push and wear down an O-line over course of game.

I like Laing but he is a big ticket item. I would look at someone maybe a little less flashy to team up with Thomas.

2 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

Calling BS on this post. Knowledgeable football fans in every city in this country.  The record of the team the fan cheers for has zero to do with anything.

Just now, johnzo said:

Man why is this forum so high on Butcher?  Guy was super super raw last time we saw him on a CFL field.

Honestly, I think a major part of it is because he's huge, he's got big bushy hair and he's got a cool name.

I'd hope it's not because of his football ability. He's about as raw as they come.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

Honestly, I think a major part of it is because he's huge, he's got big bushy hair and he's got a cool name.

I'd hope it's not because of his football ability. He's about as raw as they come.

I like him for his size and potential. I don't see him playing this year at all. Hoping a PR spot and maybe some time next year. He looked really raw last year in the preseason, but he also looked very strong!