Free Agency Frenzy

BigBlue

37 minutes ago, Mike said:

Honestly, I think a major part of it is because he's huge, he's got big bushy hair and he's got a cool name.

I'd hope it's not because of his football ability. He's about as raw as they come.

I honestly trace it all back to the one pre-season game where he tipped a ball at the line (did he intercept it or was it just a knock down??) and people freaked out. That, along with the cool name, made people go: "ZOMG! DOUG BROWN 2.0!!!"

I really don't see any holes that we need to fill via free agency.  

If we can get 1 or 2 starters from the draft then we are in a great position moving forward.    

If we can get a bargain on a 6th oline guy and maybe a Canadian receiver then that would be gravy for us...

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I like Marshall, would have likely still been our RB had we not picked up Harris. definitely better then anything they got at RB at the moment

I will disagree...  I thought Flanders was much smoother and had much more speed. 

Stats wise:

Marshall -  4.4 average,   longest run was 26 yards

Flanders - 6.1 average, longest run was 50 yards

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I will disagree...  I thought Flanders was much smoother and had much more speed. 

Stats wise:

was Flanders even with us in 2015?  If we don't have Harris in our sights going into 2016 I doubt we let Marshall walk (although he did get NFL interest upon doing so) but let's say we resigned him last offseason, I still don't think Flanders unseats him any more then he did Harris

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Stats wise:

the ol flanders had was worlds better. Marshall is faster more gifted but was never steady. Flanders is much more reliable and an every down back. Cam marshall is more upside. Not that the riders have the OL or actually run the ball to get that out of him. Its a good talent pick up though.

http://thehuddle.com/x10/nfl_draft/scout_rpt/qb-dan-lefevour.php

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/3/13/1371131/dan-lefevour-nfl-draft-scouting

Really like this move. If we got him for no2 money its a great spot. We have a legit battle at No2 and 2 guys who could come off the bench and give a change of pace with their mobility. Showed some nice flashes against us and ham. Kind of an older jonathon jennings. I wouldnt mind seeing us bring in a young qb to groom a bit. MBT isnt under contract and would be the odd man out imop. But all in all really good moves this year. Denmark and a DT then young guys and a good draft. Gonna be hard for this off season not to be an A. 

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I have no prob with LeFevour as a 3rd string/backup.   The guy is mobile and has experience. 

Flanders also returns kicks...  I don't remember Marshall doing this.   

1 return when he was back as a blocker. Marshall returned kicks for us in one game. Neither guy is a returner, basically any RB can be put there but doesnt mean they will be good at it. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

the ol flanders had was worlds better. Marshall is faster more gifted but was never steady. Flanders is much more reliable and an every down back. Cam marshall is more upside. Not that the riders have the OL or actually run the ball to get that out of him. Its a good talent pick up though.

I think Marshall was chronically underused but showed well when given the ball later in the season, he's a real power back that's hard to bring down.  Good pick up by the Greenies.

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think Marshall was chronically underused but showed well when given the ball later in the season, he's a real power back that's hard to bring down.  Good pick up by the Greenies.

He was stuck in a glutt of rbs. Showed some real flashes but wasnt able to secure the job. Course you can say it was the system / ol and probably be right atleast in part. Hes got a great mix of skills running the ball for the cfl game. I want to say he struggled catching the ball out of the backfield but mostly i remember his smooth  fluid running style. Certainly a good pick up, and a guy Im glad isnt out of football.