Free Agency Frenzy

BigBlue

Just now, Booch said:

Now with Marshall in Rider Land....does that now make Lafrance a very highly paid back-up? Why sign all those Canadian backs, one at a fairly decent salary only to bring in an import who can be their feature back and lug the ball for 18 games ??...odd way about their signings if you ask me

depending on what Rob Bagg's contract is I could see them moving on and having LaFrance bouncing back and forth as Demski's back up and a RB option if there's an injury bug or lack of production.

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Now with Marshall in Rider Land....does that now make Lafrance a very highly paid back-up? Why sign all those Canadian backs, one at a fairly decent salary only to bring in an import who can be their feature back and lug the ball for 18 games ??...odd way about their signings if you ask me

Because Chris Jones. Last year he tried to have Matt Walter and Curtis Steele as his running backs, I think he honestly envisions some sort of situation where he swaps in a canadian or american to give flexibility elsewhere. I dunno trying to figure out what that man is thinking is a waste of time. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Because Chris Jones. Last year he tried to have Matt Walter and Curtis Steele as his running backs, I think he honestly envisions some sort of situation where he swaps in a canadian or american to give flexibility elsewhere. I dunno trying to figure out what that man is thinking is a waste of time. 

That last sentence is quote of the year stuff. :D 

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Lol will anyone be surprised if Kohlert puts up 800-1000 yards this year?  ******* Calgary.

I will tbh,  his "sure handedness" seemed to have escaped him last season paving the way for JFG.  Kohlerts biggest peak was in 2014 pulling in just shy of 600 yards, and has been declining since. He just turned 29 a littler over a month ago, so maybe he can reinvent himself for a season or 2, but I'd bet against it.  Nothing personal against the guy, but he lost his starting job for a reason

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

A few Rider fans will insist that Jones is working at a deep level that most people can not comprehend.

24 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I thought D. davis was going to be the backup to Nichols.

the 2 and the 3 back up the starter. He certainly isnt and shouldnt be handed the no2 spot. The 2nd best qb will. But if you had to lean one way right now, smart money would be on davis as no3. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

the 2 and the 3 back up the starter. He certainly isnt and shouldnt be handed the no2 spot. The 2nd best qb will. But if you had to lean one way right now, smart money would be on davis as no3. 

LeFevour almost beat the bombers last season. Guess they were impressed with his effort.