Free Agency Frenzy

BigBlue

Honestly, I can't see how anyone who watched Lafrance last year would say "he's only had one good game". That's just not true. He had one monster game in the playoffs yes...but he played good football all year long. Just never got the touches.

I honestly believe he's got what it takes to be a solid player. Will likely go to waste behind that Swiss cheese Oline in shitsville though.

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Honestly, I can't see how anyone who watched Lafrance last year would say "he's only had one good game". That's just not true. He had one monster game in the playoffs yes...but he played good football all year long. Just never got the touches.

I honestly believe he's got what it takes to be a solid player. Will likely go to waste behind that Swiss cheese Oline in shitsville though.

LaFrance had an excellent OL in Ottawa to play behind. He won't have that in Saskatchewan. The RedBlacks offense has way more talent & pieces in place than the Riders.

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

LaFrance had an excellent OL in Ottawa to play behind. He won't have that in Saskatchewan. The RedBlacks offense has way more talent & pieces in place than the Riders.

Thats the truth, look at how andrew harris did early last year before we sorted out the ol. His ypc was like 3.8 and no tds till week 6. 

206 yards 3.88 ypc  41.2 rushing yards per game. 0 rushing tds. First 5

449 yards 4.98 ypc  89.8 rushing yards per game and 4 rushing tds. Next 5

Edited by wbbfan

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If signing LaFrance means Sask. won't go after Shakir Bell, I'll take it.  Hard to believe Bell hasn't been signed yet.

Bell is a guy poised for a break out. But i dont see him getting the touches he needs here. I do like that he can catch the ball out of the back field and return a bit if you need. He needs a chance to start. 

49 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Dunk is saying riders signed Dennis for $170K+10K bonus for 3 years.  for most outstanding linemen and a LT thats a pretty good deal for them.

Still Perfectly happy to have Stanley Bryant, but wondering what the price difference is

Recollection is Bryant signed for 160k per season originally. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

yes good career choice for him,,,would have been bad business choice by the Bombers.

It would be ridiculous to get into a bidding war over a backup RB.  Once the price crossed the upper limit of what we can spend on that position (including the NI premium) we have to walk away.

Opening up the wallet for a starter can make sense.  Doing it for a backup just hamstrings our ability to put a complete team together.

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

It would be great for LaFrance to spend a year or 2 actually starting/playing to get that necessary in game experience to prove himself.  Not a chance he would get the reps here in Winnipeg behind Harris as he will likely get in Sask.  Let's hope he does well (but not vs us) and when his contract is up,  he comes home in a few years and takes over for Harris.  Could end up being a win win

First Demski, then LaFrance. I like the idea of having a farm team just to the west of us. At least it will make the Riders good for something.

13 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I wonder what's in store for the Bombers in Day 2.

Matt Black (rumored yesterday) maybe ? Who else? 

The more I think about it... I would really like if we signed Matt Black... he'd be a reliable, veteran back up to Loffler and a quality special teamer... he's got a few miles on him at 31 years old, but he should still have another year or two...

1 minute ago, Kluchk said:

They signed another Canadian RB. Obviously a position they intend to go Canadian at.

Milton isn't a RB, he's a FB. At least he has been in the past. But yeah, pretty clear LaFrance is going to be in the running for the starting job.

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Milton isn't a RB, he's a FB. At least he has been in the past. But yeah, pretty clear LaFrance is going to be in the running for the starting job.

I'm still not impressed with him. Hasn't done much, however, he is young and has time to get better. Just a good indication that spot is all Canadian.

10 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Dunk is saying riders signed Dennis for $170K+10K bonus for 3 years.  for most outstanding linemen and a LT thats a pretty good deal for them.

Still Perfectly happy to have Stanley Bryant, but wondering what the price difference is

An article from 3downnation says Bryant is getting $160k per. Some guy on Riderfans said he's getting $210k this year, but didn't respond when I asked where he got that number from. So, pending further information, that number appears to have come out of his butt.