Free Agency Frenzy

BigBlue

8 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

C'mon, literally, LaFrance was never in the running for a backup position. That's why he went into Free Agency, isn't it? Like Glenn, he got what he wanted. There was NoChnace he was going to sign here for less.

I assumed Walters was pursuing him more to replace Kohlert in the scheme and to occasionally spell off Harris...  Lapo already uses Harris as basically a hybrid RB/SB - would have been nice to see a backfield with Harris/LaFrance - I think Lapo would have made it work

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I assumed Walters was pursuing him more to replace Kohlert in the scheme and to occasionally spell off Harris...  Lapo already uses Harris as basically a hybrid RB/SB - would have been nice to see a backfield with Harris/LaFrance - I think Lapo would have made it work

But, you're forgetting one piece in that equation...LaFrance. Maybe, just maybe, he had other thoughts in the matter?

11 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

But, you're forgetting one piece in that equation...LaFrance. Maybe, just maybe, he had other thoughts in the matter?

Sure, why not...  I'm sure playing in his hometown and learning from Andrew Harris made a pretty strong case too

Media says bombers backed off because of money... that's all we have to go on.

My only point is that for $110k LaFrance is a value signing for Sask whether we like it or not.

Being as how we are talking about Hurl, why would it be unrealistic to think he would be on a reduced contract? Two prominent Bombers took pay cuts, so why not a linebacker who has about the same value as Briggs or Waggoner? I'm sure he did not volunteer to take the hit, but his option was to leave, and he may not get another equal or better offer plus having to uproot. He just might like it here.

Just now, Floyd said:

Mayo probably wishing he stayed in Winnipeg right about now...

Can Sask get away with an all import rec core?  Maybe they have St John pencilled in at RT?

I did post at RF that they could got all import,  I'll switch out Hecht with Brouilette, so the 7 they can roll with is; BOM, Muamba, Gaydosh, JSJ, Labatte, Clark, Morris/LaFrance

On the special teams tackles thing lafrance 11 to hurls 8..Didn't Hurl miss like 6 games too?

Chad Owens..Meh..Wasted cap space. And not a real need to allocate money at either..Also with Lafrance salary..Is that 35k signing bonus in addition to the 110 salary? 

Edited by Booch