TankWatch

Floyd

5 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Why does this team play better once the pressure of making the playoffs is off?

I haven't seen the game from last night but, by all accounts, Philly didn't show up.

Can't really say the Jets played well against the Wild either.

They've been getting points but I'm not sure they're really playing better.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I haven't seen the game from last night but, by all accounts, Philly didn't show up.

Can't really say the Jets played well against the Wild either.

They've been getting points but I'm not sure they're really playing better.

Got that but you still gotta think they played well enough, 3 in a row over teams that were desperate for playoff position or qualification. The Wild game stank for large sections but they still pulled it out. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

There was nothing desperate what so ever about yesterday's game.  2 teams desperate for the golf course, maybe. 

Not saying the Isles or Flyers played desperate ;) Saying they were in that position and still couldn't beat the Jets with a goalie starting for the first time  in months, missing 3 top defenceman etc.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

There was nothing desperate what so ever about yesterday's game.  2 teams desperate for the golf course, maybe. 

Here is where the role of a coach becomes paramount.

If indeed this was the case of last nights game, yes the player is always responsible for their game, but ultimately this is on the coach. 

I have not read the post game comments. If your analysis was correct on how the Jets played last nights game, Paul Maurice should have called his team out regardless of the win.

Calgary's coach used pathetic a while back that got some traction. 

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Here is where the role of a coach becomes paramount.

If indeed this was the case of last nights game, yes the player is always responsible for their game, but ultimately this is on the coach. 

I have not read the post game comments. If your analysis was correct on how the Jets played last nights game, Paul Maurice should have called his team out regardless of the win.

Calgary's coach used pathetic a while back that got some traction. 

I also find it ironic that if the Jets coaching and management staff are indeed in full tank mode, the people who dislike Paul Maurice/Chevy for their coaching/management abilities AND hope the team tanks to get a better draft pick logically should be outraged. They should be outraged if either of these people aren't preparing and fielding the best available team to win every game regardless of positioning in the standings.

You can't pick and chose from the basket of services the coach and GM are responsible for.   

I don't even think tanking exists this year.  Those no logical reason for it with no 'once a generation' type talents out there plus you have Vegas taking one of those top picks already.  What we are seeing is just a whole pile of teams with nothing to play for, other than taking a look at younger players who may otherwise not make the lineup if everything was on the line. 

And I'm not going to get worked up about the players or coaching staff now.  I was upset with effort, execution and commitment to fundamentals 2 months ago when the game's still mattered.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I don't even think tanking exists this year.  Those no logical reason for it with no 'once a generation' type talents out there plus you have Vegas taking one of those top picks already.  What we are seeing is just a whole pile of teams with nothing to play for, other than taking a look at younger players who may otherwise not make the lineup if everything was on the line. 

And I'm not going to get worked up about the players or coaching staff now.  I was upset with effort, execution and commitment to fundamentals 2 months ago when the game's still mattered.

Agree. There's only 1 player worth picking this year IMHO.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Fair enough but I just think the validity of one's criticisms aimed at coaching lessens if it's only important to one when the games 'matter'. Just my opinion.

I personally think Paul Maurice as our head coach brings some important abilities to the table but I am getting more and more frustrated by his intelligent view of the game not translating to on ice productivity. It's losing it's luster for sure.

23 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Agree. There's only 1 player worth picking this year IMHO.

You're wrong. There are several.  I have a feeling that you think because Patrick Is from Winnipeg he's the man. You're wrong tho. Hischier middlestat glass would all be great picks. 

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

You're wrong. There are several.  I have a feeling that you think because Patrick Is from Winnipeg he's the man. You're wrong tho. Hischier middlestat glass would all be great picks. 

I just not have heard their names as much as Patrick. Last year it was Matthews/Laine/Poolparty/Dub all spring.

Two Patri(c)k's in a row? :D

i can dream.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg