Game 60 : 23 Games Left @ Penguins

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That was better than we could have reasonably expected. Haven't watched it yet. How was the effort?

1st bad

2nd okay

3rd great

OT exciting

Team played hard and rough - like they should be playing.

Bonus points to Lowry. Goat horns for Schief. MAF played lights out for Penguins.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Can't say the Jets didn't have chances in ot, league has to look at the elbow from Malkin on Wheeler superstar he may be but you can't head hunt, finally on to Helle, i find him a little to robotic at times his movements need to become more fluid, wont blame he for 2 of the three but the first goal he just flubbed.

It's funny how save percentage works 

Let's just say jets win 4 3 

MAF would have been 43 47 or 914 

Helle would have been 36 39 923 

But cuz it was 4 3 pens

MAF was 936 44 of 47 

Helle was 35 39 for 897 

1 goal. Crazy.  Pretty good game tho. Pens only lost 3 all year in regulation at home. Weak call on buff leading to Kessels goal.

BS that Malkin wasn't kicked out for his blatant head shot and even more BS he assisted on the game winner.  

Both teams were good. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

BS that Malkin wasn't kicked out for his blatant head shot and even more BS he assisted on the game winner. 

Mar 8th is the rematch in the peg.

TE4KtR7.gif?noredirect

Not looking for a win, I'm in full tank mode, just want to fudge them up a bit.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I think Im starting to get on the MAF bandwagon as far as someone the Jets should explore.  I sort of looked at it as too expensive for too long but he only has two years left and the Jets will see savings in Helle not getting a massive raise.  Its only about a million and a half more than their Moose goalie this year.

Question is...would MAF waive to come here?  He's still under contract so he doesnt completely control his destiny.  As a rental there would be teams interested but good teams (presumably ones he'd want to go to) may not need an expensive goalie.  Teams that need a goalie may not be the right fit.  Does he look at a young talented team like Winnipeg and think he can put us over the top to getting into the Playoffs?

Oftentimes a goalie will stand out and 'rob' the other team. Last night it was Fleury and the 'other' team was the Jets.

It was a strong comeback game for the Jets who played how they're capable, physically and speed wise. But Pittsburgh has Crosby and he's enough to win any close games..

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think Im starting to get on the MAF bandwagon as far as someone the Jets should explore.  I sort of looked at it as too expensive for too long but he only has two years left and the Jets will see savings in Helle not getting a massive raise.  Its only about a million and a half more than their Moose goalie this year.

Question is...would MAF waive to come here?  He's still under contract so he doesnt completely control his destiny.  As a rental there would be teams interested but good teams (presumably ones he'd want to go to) may not need an expensive goalie.  Teams that need a goalie may not be the right fit.  Does he look at a young talented team like Winnipeg and think he can put us over the top to getting into the Playoffs?

He plays just like Pavs...  decent goalie who sometimes gets caught flopping around, sometimes make crazy acrobatic saves but you're guaranteed one or two softies a game.

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

He plays just like Pavs...  decent goalie who sometimes gets caught flopping around, sometimes make crazy acrobatic saves but you're guaranteed one or two softies a game.

Way better than pavs.  He's a career .912.  Last 5 years = .917.  He's a veteran and a winner.  I like the idea of bringing in Darling as a back up but if the feeling is they want a veteran #1 and reduce Helle back to 30-ish games for a season, I like Fleury.  You're not going to get Bishop.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Way better than pavs.  He's a career .912.  Last 5 years = .917.  He's a veteran and a winner.  I like the idea of bringing in Darling as a back up but if the feeling is they want a veteran #1 and reduce Helle back to 30-ish games for a season, I like Fleury.  You're not going to get Bishop.

I should have said he's playing like pavs this year...  I'll agree that he's had some great seasons.  Still don't want a goalie near the end of his career at $5.7 mill a season.

Darling won't be signing to be a 'backup'.