Where in the West would you rank ______ ?

Taynted_Fayth

5 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I might also put Nichols at 3rd.  he was 10-3 and prorated for the 18 he had pretty similar #s to Jennings. and the reason why Nichols would get the nod over Jennings in that case is because BC sucks. its a scientific fact

I considered Nichols at 3rd but my interpretation includes Lulay as depth so BC gets the edge.

As for the DL.... I'm reserving judgement, I'm still not sure what to expect from Okp this year and Westerman fell off a bit last season.  I'm still hopeful.  I think BC, EDM, and CGY have established, strong DL.  SSK obviously is 5th.

7 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I considered Nichols at 3rd but my interpretation includes Lulay as depth so BC gets the edge.

As for the DL.... I'm reserving judgement, I'm still not sure what to expect from Okp this year and Westerman fell off a bit last season.  I'm still hopeful.  I think BC, EDM, and CGY have established, strong DL.  SSK obviously is 5th.

I don't mean to pick on the Lions, but who do they have on the DL that is really that good?  IMO they are a high powered offensive team, but I thought they were extremely suspect on D, thats why our meetings with them were such high scoring games

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I don't mean to pick on the Lions, but who do they have on the DL that is really that good?  IMO they are a high powered offensive team, but I thought they were extremely suspect on D, thats why our meetings with them were such high scoring games

I'm a big fan of Mic'heal Brooks.  Craig Roh is no joke either.  Beyond that they have some good Canadians (Menard could be a starter) and while Bryant Turner may not be the player he once was, he's still a nice piece.  I don't know, maybe they could be flipped with the Bombers.... maybe not.  TBD.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Saskatchewan's receivers are getting a bit overrated IMO.  

Calgary, Edmonton and BC have repeatedly year after year found guys to augment their core group.  They are the top 3 IMO at that position.

They are still better than what Winnipeg, Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary and Hamilton have.

10 hours ago, Kluchk said:

They are still better than what Winnipeg, Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary and Hamilton have.

To be determined.  All the vets signed are of the whiniest, malcontentiest variety.  If they don't have the role they want, they will be problems.  The rest outside of Roosevelt showed flashes but couldn't stay on the field or were inconsistent.  

19 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

It's an issue.  We addressed it somewhat re-signing Brooks in the middle ans getting Evans from Montreal.  Wally usually finds pieces at camps. 

11 hours ago, yogi said:

Too bad they're worth jack **** with the QB's you have

That's true to a point.  They'll pick up lots of yards between the 20s with Glenn.  

seem to under the impression that Jones is stockpiling receivers to make a trade. Just my opinion of course but I see no scenario on the horizon where Reed gives up Adams or Hervey gives up Franklin. No way in hell Hervey trades his up and coming QB to Jones.  No way on earth. If Adams goes anywhere it will be Hamilton. 

8 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

That's true to a point.  They'll pick up lots of yards between the 20s with Glenn.  

seem to under the impression that Jones is stockpiling receivers to make a trade. Just my opinion of course but I see no scenario on the horizon where Reed gives up Adams or Hervey gives up Franklin. No way in hell Hervey trades his up and coming QB to Jones.  No way on earth. If Adams goes anywhere it will be Hamilton. 

If I was Hervey I would just keep asking for more and more everytime Jones came calling for Franklin. each attempt to trade for him shows signs of desperation.  Adams might be the most probable trade, but Reed should still bend Jones over the barrel for what he had to give up just to negotiate with DD

8 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

If I was Hervey I would just keep asking for more and more everytime Jones came calling for Franklin. each attempt to trade for him shows signs of desperation.  Adams might be the most probable trade, but Reed should still bend Jones over the barrel for what he had to give up just to negotiate with DD

Adams is a sandlot QB. The Riders have had nothing of a plan to replace DD for years and now they're caught with their pants down. 

Jones’ revolving door philosophy won't work. You need a solid core. They don't have one yet.  Look at their roster, who are their leaders ? Vets? Glenn? Owens?  You need tenure to be a leader. They disposed of their heart and their leader. Jones ego did that.  He wasn't playing second fiddle to Durant, and that's what that was all about.

Revolving doors don't work.  They will suffer again.

Edited by lyin' guy

2 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

seem to under the impression that Jones is stockpiling receivers to make a trade.

Yeah, I read that, but it really doesn't make sense. All the receivers that Jones has signed recently, have been on the open market already, and the Riders were the only ones with pen in hand. So, either they trade more valuable receivers, or wait for injuries for teams to knock on their door...either way, is that really a plan?

Edited by Mr Dee

It's hilarious that you Bombers fans bash Jones because he doesn't have a QB plan. Last year you guys had Drew Willy. And then mid season Nichols came and boom your team became good again. You literally were in just as bad of a spot and you made it better.

All the Riders need is POTENTIALLY one trade and they could do the same thing the Bombers did. That's why the CFL is so great. 

4 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

It's hilarious that you Bombers fans bash Jones because he doesn't have a QB plan. Last year you guys had Drew Willy. And then mid season Nichols came and boom your team became good again. You literally were in just as bad of a spot and you made it better.

All the Riders need is POTENTIALLY one trade and they could do the same thing the Bombers did. That's why the CFL is so great. 

Walter's doesn't waste his time with Vince Young.  we also picked up Nichols in 2015 so we didn't just roll into 2016 on a hope and prayer

8 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Walter's doesn't waste his time with Vince Young.  we also picked up Nichols in 2015 so we didn't just roll into 2016 on a hope and prayer

First off.....Vince Young still hasn't signed. And if he does there is still a chance he may not even make it to camp. If he can play ball keep him. If he can't move on. There is zero risk to talking to him. 

Secondly....the Riders are in much better shape to make a trade this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see something happen. I'm not sold on Franklin yet.

1st point it's still a waste of time whatever way you want to spin it, negotiating, neg listing, potential spot burned at camp. for a team without a starter I'd be spend my time and effort on shoring up that critical hole not dinking around with young period. 

2nd you might have a billion receivers and in good shape to make a trade but it takes 2 to tango and reed/Hervey might not be interested no matter what you offer

41 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

It's hilarious that you Bombers fans bash Jones because he doesn't have a QB plan.

What's hilarious is the fact that you guys already had a bonafide QB to use until the next guy, but you've turned it into a hunt and seek issue with guys like Young. I mean, really? 

What I can see for POTENTIAL trades for Jones is a worse over-the-barrel Barker-type scenario that will put several smiles/grimaces on your faces as you seek to explain that one...

58 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

Jones is the hilarious one. No Qb. None. 

Nichols was already here last year when Willy was compelled to watch. 

And your ace up your self is that you are POTENTIALLY one TRADE away from having a qb. That's like saying SK fans are one birth away from not having your sister as the mother of your child. The point is, the trade for a true starter will never happen. 

2 hours ago, Kluchk said:

we had nichols from the previous year though... so we had a plan. and it worked. Though the drastic change in the OL with bond can not be under rated. So we were not in the same position. Last year through out the year we had 3 no1 qbs. 

Unless that one trade fixes your OL, brings in a star rb,  and brings in half a new defensive line up no, no the riders arent one trade away from being in our spot last year... (+ a bunch of good NI talent.)

Edited by wbbfan