Game 64 : Wild @ 19 Games Left

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎21 at 11:09 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Game Time : January 28 - 7PM

Game Story : After 6pts in 4 road games the Jets are at home for 5 in a row. Needless to say they need to win all 5.

What the Jets are playing for...

22 hours ago, tacklewasher said:

I know it's a long break, but do we really have to wait until January 28th for the next game????

31 minutes ago, iHeart said:

sorry I had to correct you

Whoosh!

February 27th, 2017

The Minnesota Wild announced today that forwards Jason Pominville and Zach Parise have been diagnosed with mumps.

Members of the organization that have symptoms are being tested immediately and placed in isolation for a five-day period. Team doctors recently provided players and staff an MMR vaccination and the organization will continue to work closely with the NHL, NHLPA and the Minnesota Department of Health to help prevent further infection. 

Anyone catch H&L yesterday?  They teased Lawless was going to talk about Trouba based on a conversation with his agent last week.  But I wasnt able to keep listening.  What did he say?

Also, the new Lawless Narrative (which is, in my opinion, always something to pay attention to) is that Buff is struggling because he's missing his BFF Andrew Ladd and is not as close to Wheeler.  Okay, so if true and knowing Garth Snow has made some odd choices, what does it take to get Buff in New York?  Bonus points if Hamonic comes back this way...

20 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Anyone catch H&L yesterday?  They teased Lawless was going to talk about Trouba based on a conversation with his agent last week.  But I wasnt able to keep listening.  What did he say?

Also, the new Lawless Narrative (which is, in my opinion, always something to pay attention to) is that Buff is struggling because he's missing his BFF Andrew Ladd and is not as close to Wheeler.  Okay, so if true and knowing Garth Snow has made some odd choices, what does it take to get Buff in New York?  Bonus points if Hamonic comes back this way...

I did. Lawless just said he'd spoken with Overhardt and that he wasn't showing his hand at all. All he'd say was that Jake was having a great year.  When Lawless pushed about a possible extension in the offseason all he'd say was "Oh Gary, way too early for that..."

Lawless' summation was that the Trouba camp will be considering an extension, if the money's right. His reasoning seemed to be based on the fact Trouba has gotten (supposedly) all he wanted - top pair mins on the right side, with PP time. 

TL/DR - nothing new to report.  Both sides won't be talking until the offseason. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Would love to see Trouba locked up for 8 years.

Amen to that.

Very interested to see how it plays out.  Based on everything Overhardt and Trouba have said this year and his usage this season, there's no reason to not get a deal done with Chevy.

...unless of course it had more to do with getting out of Wpg, as many of us speculated.

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

After holding out, have any of Overhardt's clients signed mega-extensions with their original teams...? 

I dont know but he'd look like a liar if he suddenly says nope we still want a trade.  There was always speculation that "other" people cared more about leaving than Trouba and Trouba just wanted to play.  So now that he's clearly the #1 D-man and seemingly pretty tight with a few guys, will be interesting to see if he signs long-term.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Word is Adam Lowry is out tonight for unspecified reason....

Cue the trade rumours...

That would be a surprise.  And pretty early.  When Ladd was traded, if I recall there was no announcement about him missing the game until very very close to the time they had to declare a roster.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

That would be a surprise.  And pretty early.  When Ladd was traded, if I recall there was no announcement about him missing the game until very very close to the time they had to declare a roster.

Personally, I can't see it. TNSE is way too high on him to deal.

Does raise the question of why he's out.  Can't see it being a healthy scratch & injury doesn't make a ton of sense given he played last game and we've had a week off. 

Who knows. Given what Hanzal fetched, Lowry would bring in a huge haul.