Game 64 : Wild @ 19 Games Left

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Maybe he has a cold and they are making sure its not the Mumps.

That was my original thought, it's likely an illness.

I can't see them trading Lowry, but who knows?

I guess Dano isn't ready to go yet?  He would look good in Thorburn's spot.  But, so would a bag of pucks.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Personally, I can't see it. TNSE is way too high on him to deal.

Does raise the question of why he's out.  Can't see it being a healthy scratch & injury doesn't make a ton of sense given he played last game and we've had a week off. 

Who knows. Given what Hanzal fetched, Lowry would bring in a huge haul. 

This could be a hockey trade. Young centre for a young dman? Let's them protect Perreault, who can play 3rd line centre.

Don't want it, just speculating how trading Lowry might work.

But he's probably sick. Missed the update.

Edited by JCon

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Keep Thorbs in, we're out of the playoffs...  He can centre a line with Stafford and Tanev.

No we are not out of the playoff picture just yet.

Going by what I'm reading and seeing, the Jets management, coaching staff and players feel they're still in the hunt.

So why wouldn't we get behind that?

10 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

No we are not out of the playoff picture just yet.

Going by what I'm reading and seeing, the Jets management, coaching staff and players feel they're still in the hunt.

So why wouldn't we get behind that?

...because apparently you're not a real fan if you cheer for them to the last possible moment. I just can't stand some people. There is no reason NOT to cheer for the Jets right now...odds might be long, but they're very much in the hunt. Need a good heater right about now!

Self-congratulations and who's a better fan debates... yup, we're clearly out of the playoffs ha...

Calgary is 8 points ahead - we are not catching them.

That leaves St Louis - 5 pts ahead with 2 games in hand and LA - 3 pts ahead with a game in hand - if you want to believe both these teams will collapse and the Jets will go 'on a run'...

I'd rather see Poolman get a taste of the NHL, get Connor and Roslovic some time 

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So did Elmer Fudd.

Right, totally comparable. I understand that the larger woman with good vocal chords is getting warmed up to sing, but until she comes out on the stage, we're still playing for a playoff position.

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Self-congratulations and who's a better fan debates... yup, we're clearly out of the playoffs ha...

Calgary is 8 points ahead - we are not catching them.

That leaves St Louis - 5 pts ahead with 2 games in hand and LA - 3 pts ahead with a game in hand - if you want to believe both these teams will collapse and the Jets will go 'on a run'...

I'd rather see Poolman get a taste of the NHL, get Connor and Roslovic some time 

It's not whose a better fan, it's just that they are still in the hunt, that's a fact. Until it is no longer a fact, I chose to 'hope'. Just my preference no better no worse than your approach.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

...because apparently you're not a real fan if you cheer for them to the last possible moment. I just can't stand some people. There is no reason NOT to cheer for the Jets right now...odds might be long, but they're very much in the hunt. Need a good heater right about now!

I thought you said you are an Oilers fan first and foremost. Pretty sure I've seen  you post that.

Edited by Mark F