Ourbombers.com

27 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It doesn't matter what went on behind the scenes. It's a crap move to use someone's site to promote your own site that deals with the same topic. No different than stealing OurBombers members emails and sending out a blast. I doubt you'd think it was OK for some folks on this site to make their own 'better' site and advertise it here.

BTW: This in no way means you shouldn't have made up a new site if you had differences with Colin. It just means you shouldn't have used his site to 'steal' his users.

Yeah except it's not using someone else's site to promote this one, I remember people asking about this place and even in a PM you couldn't get the address through the censors, that's nothing but being petty. I mean it should have been the easiest thing in the world for the established site to maintain it's user base, but there is a reason everyone worth a damn fled that sinking ship. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

....Well, I didn't wanna be the one to tell it like it is.... 

And ya, I think that's how Relleon started. (ps we might've been drinking when we thought that up...) 

All this talk made me think of one guy I truly do miss, and that's Matty "Geebrr" Giesbrecht. He was on my FB for awhile but he's just dropped right off the map. Big fan of that guy... 

Whatever happened to Grumpy Old Man? He disappeared when the 2 sites came about.

Love it, even when we try to reminisce with fondness for a recently departed friend (ourbombers in this case) we can't help but pick a fight. Reminds me of more than a few family funerals I had the misfortune of attending. Us Bomberfans truly are family like LOL.

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah except it's not using someone else's site to promote this one, I remember people asking about this place and even in a PM you couldn't get the address through the censors, that's nothing but being petty. I mean it should have been the easiest thing in the world for the established site to maintain it's user base, but there is a reason everyone worth a damn fled that sinking ship. 

It's the very definition of using someone else's site to promote this one. Folks wouldn't have been able to PM you if you weren't on Colin's site in the first place.

You want to pay for advertising or use Facebook, G+, Twitter, Pinterest or any of the other social media sites, fine... You want to send an email to everyone you know and ask them to pass it on to everyone they know. Great. You want to put an ad in the newspaper or Google or even pay Colin to advertise on his site, no problem. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

It's the very definition of using someone else's site to promote this one. Folks wouldn't have been able to PM you if you weren't on Colin's site in the first place.

You want to pay for advertising or use Facebook, G+, Twitter, Pinterest or any of the other social media sites, fine... You want to send an email to everyone you know and ask them to pass it on to everyone they know. Great. You want to put an ad in the newspaper or Google or even pay Colin to advertise on his site, no problem. 

not advertising, holding conversations with fellow community members, the entire point of these message boards.

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

It doesn't matter what went on behind the scenes. It's a crap move to use someone's site to promote your own site that deals with the same topic. No different than stealing OurBombers members emails and sending out a blast. I doubt you'd think it was OK for some folks on this site to make their own 'better' site and advertise it here.

BTW: This in no way means you shouldn't have made up a new site if you had differences with Colin. It just means you shouldn't have used his site to 'steal' his users.

The best thing for the community was to spread the word as efficiently as possible. With all due respect to Colin on this particular topic, if he had cared about what happened on his website as much as you seem to four years later, maybe none of this would've happened to begin with.

Not that I really care what you think. Doing what we did has allowed us to give back to the community. All of the money this site makes goes directly back into things we are very proud of, including charities and prizes for our members. That wasn't the case with Ourbombers and that difference alone makes me feel just fine about what we did and how we did it. 

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

The best thing for the community was to spread the word as efficiently as possible. With all due respect to Colin on this particular topic, if he had cared about what happened on his website as much as you seem to four years later, maybe none of this would've happened to begin with.

Not that I really care what you think. Doing what we did has allowed us to give back to the community. All of the money this site makes goes directly back into things we are very proud of, including charities and prizes for our members. That wasn't the case with Ourbombers and that difference alone makes me feel just fine about what we did and how we did it. 

This kind of thing happens in business all the time. It's called competition. My son wanted to start a qb school a few years ago & I was working with another coach at a football school that he owned. I knew the players as I was coaching them & contacted them to see if they wanted private qb tutoring which they all did. When the other coach found out he was livid. Thing is, he couldn't provide the qb training my son could & while we did use his clientele they were still free to go to his workouts as well as ours. Was it the ethical thing to do? Probably not but how else were we going to get the word out? Plus it was for the benefit of the young qbs in his school with a service the other coach wasn't capable of providing so I don't feel bad for what I did. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

21 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This kind of thing happens in business all the time. It's called competition. My son wanted to start a qb school a few years ago & I was working with another coach at a football school that he owned. I knew the players as I was coaching them & contacted them to see if they wanted private qb tutoring which they all did. When the other coach found out he was livid. Thing is, he couldn't provide the qb training my son could & while we did use his clientele they were still free to go to his workouts as well as ours. Was it the ethical thing to do? Probably not but how else were we going to get the word out? Plus it was for the benefit of the young qbs in his school with a service he wasn't capable of providing so I don't feel bad for what I did. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Wow.  You're actually the same guy in real life that you are on this site...  mind blown.

55 minutes ago, Mike said:

Now that I know you're giving stuff to charity and not 12 anymore, I'll stop reading your posts in Beavis' voice.

39 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Wow.  You're actually the same guy in real life that you are on this site...  mind blown.

Yeah, so sorry you blew your mind. Kinda explains things here. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. You should seek help. The guy had no qb training as he was a linebacker coach. We offered a supplemental service he couldn't provide so I lose no sleep over helping the kids who wanted qb specific training at the time. Besides, the kids kept going to his camp so he never lost any players. As with what Mike & the others did here. they offered a service they felt was better. The market (members) spoke.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

29 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It's an online football forum,  dear lord who cares how they poached users away.  

The first design of this site sucked balls and if Colin really cared he could of upgraded his site in a minute and attract all the fans back to the old page.  

For what it's worth, I didn't leave because of the look of the site... I left because of the people.