Ourbombers.com

11 hours ago, Mike said:

The best thing for the community was to spread the word as efficiently as possible. With all due respect to Colin on this particular topic, if he had cared about what happened on his website as much as you seem to four years later, maybe none of this would've happened to begin with.

Not that I really care what you think. Doing what we did has allowed us to give back to the community. All of the money this site makes goes directly back into things we are very proud of, including charities and prizes for our members. That wasn't the case with Ourbombers and that difference alone makes me feel just fine about what we did and how we did it. 

Creating a new site? Great. Giving back to the community. Nice. Using a competitors site to advertise then whining that he wasn't nice about you stealing his members on his site? Crap move.  Feeling good about it? Gotta question your ethics.

28 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Creating a new site? Great. Giving back to the community. Nice. Using a competitors site to advertise then whining that he wasn't nice about you stealing his members on his site? Crap move.  Feeling good about it? Gotta question your ethics.

Bomber fans on the Bomber forum that had become terrible wanted to know where the new non-terrible Bomber forum was.

The people who knew told them.

It's pretty complex stuff.

1 hour ago, Y2C said:

Bomber fans on the Bomber forum that had become terrible wanted to know where the new non-terrible Bomber forum was.

The people who knew told them.

It's pretty complex stuff.

Yeah the conversations generally went like this:

"Where did everyone go?"

"Oh there is a new site, those people all post there because they got tired of ourbombers"

"Oh really, what's the new site? I have never heard of it"

"************* is the address"

how dare people use ob.com purely to advertise! for shame people, for shame!

Hey, I was fairly new at forums when I joined ourbombers as deeboy. Innocent to the procedures, you might say. What I read and saw when the change came about piqued my interest and the talk alone would have sent me looking for this new site. I don't feel that I was part of anything nefarious or underhanded. There has to be intent for that. 

A change was-a-coming, and most posters recognized that. Perhaps those who don't feel the same should have remained and never joined this 'unethical' site.

33 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Hey, I was fairly new at forums when I joined ourbombers as deeboy. Innocent to the procedures, you might say. What I read and saw when the change came about piqued my interest and the talk alone would have sent me looking for this new site. I don't feel that I was part of anything nefarious or underhanded. There has to be intent for that. 

A change was-a-coming, and most posters recognized that. Perhaps those who don't feel the same should have remained and never joined this 'unethical' site.

"Morning Big Blue", the unethical step-child.

51 minutes ago, do or die said:

Even when with Ourbombers......I was always hunting for more CFL forums in general (ended up with a lot of time at CFL Zone) and Bomber talk, in particular.

While in the throes of my football addiction.

CFL Zone turned into a Riders fan club where they could come over & bash other teams. Migs especially. It got so bad that members from other teams just stopped posting. The admin refused to allow mods to do anything. There was no moderating. The worse the arguments & insults the better he liked it. One member referred to CFL Zone as the Wild West of CFL forums as it was crazy.

Lets try a Winnipeg type, in person, example:  You don't go to a friends social and make an announcement to invite folks to your social instead. I'm betting you'd be thrown out if you tried . You don't then complain about the guy who set up the social because they didn't give you an easy way to contact the people who weren't there when you make the original announcement.  That's just whining after being wrong in the first place.

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Lets try a Winnipeg type, in person, example:  You don't go to a friends social and make an announcement to invite folks to your social instead. I'm betting you'd be thrown out if you tried . You don't then complain about the guy who set up the social because they didn't give you an easy way to contact the people who weren't there when you make the original announcement.  That's just whining after being wrong in the first place.

Well, I should be able to tell my friend that he needs to have more than rye & coke at the bar, if he plans on being successful.  See, my friend didn't have time to purchase anything else, but he didn't want anyone else doing it.  

11 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'd say it's more like they advertised the after-party when the social started to get tired and lame.

13 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I'd say it's more like they advertised the after-party when the social started to get tired and lame.

Socials are only good until the prize drawings but then everybody leaves right after. Imagine a social with no prizes. Nobody would go. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Pffft. Speak for yourself. I'll stay at any party with kielbasa and rye bread. I don't need a inflatable thingy mabobber or a gardening kit.

5VUw6g6.png?fbYou've had about nine sandwiches since you've been here
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet.

I'm trying to learn how to post images. 

and failing...

Edited by Gotmilt

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I always liked cflzone, but it just seemed to stagnate after a while. 

I really miss CFLZone. It was the wild west of CFL messageboards. Anything went around there cause Reider was a hell of a Mod/Admin. I enjoyed talking about the league in general. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

I really miss CFLZone. It was the wild west of CFL messageboards. Anything went around there cause Reider was a hell of a Mod/Admin. I enjoyed talking about the league in general. 

Do you remember the guy who used to brag about how much money he made?