Ourbombers.com

17 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Was booted from OB as they were as insecure and unfairly defensive as RF is. OB has the right amount of raional fair minded posters and fun content.Thats why im still here

The thing about this place is that so many of the people here are not just Bomber fans but CFL fans which leads to less insular thinking compared to some other places. 

12 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah he was

He wasn't a mod before this place was created, but it was pretty soon after and, yeah, he annoyed me as well.

I came after you and I know he was a mod when I left OB. And I don't think you were here long before telling me about this place.

So, agreed, not revisionist history, just that we weren't here day 1 and Shankman annoyed between here being created and you and I joining.

1 minute ago, tacklewasher said:

He wasn't a mod before this place was created, but it was pretty soon after and, yeah, he annoyed me as well.

I came after you and I know he was a mod when I left OB. And I don't think you were here long before telling me about this place.

So, agreed, not revisionist history, just that we weren't here day 1 and Shankman annoyed between here being created and you and I joining.

UNETHICAL!!!

11 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

all right - lot of Crown Royal over the brain pan since then.  So how about this then?  Shankman pissing me off to the extreme was the final nail in the OB coffin for me?  Does that work for all of the nit-pickers out there? :)

I don't get TBURGESS in this thread?

Some links for other sites have been mentioned in this thread that I have never visited before.  Does this mean those sites are poaching me?

Does this mean I have to leave this site and only go to those sites?

3 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Today is my four year anniversary on this site.

Bluto messaged me through OB and said I was on a list you guys made of posters to ask to follow you over here. I thought, "that makes sense. I have a lot to offer."

ha yeah maybe that was how Bluto contacted me, via inbox on OB.  I thought I was the only special flower... :(

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

As a realtor did you ever leave your business cards in houses that other people were selling? Cause I see realtors do that all the time and it seems a more appropriate comparison than the one you're trying to make...

Realtors leave their cards in every home that they take their clients to. It's done to help the selling agent contact the buyers agent to get feedback and to show that you actually took your clients to the showing. It's nothing like posting on someone else's site to take their members.

Just now, Brandon said:

I don't get TBURGESS in this thread?

Some links for other sites have been mentioned in this thread that I have never visited before.  Does this mean those sites are poaching me?

Does this mean I have to leave this site and only go to those sites?

What we did was definitely a little more than that, since we created a thread on Ourbombers basically saying we were leaving and that if people wanted to follow us, this was where to find us.

What I take issue with is this idea that we "poached" anyone. Maybe for the sake of clarity, it should be mentioned that Colin was almost entirely inactive as a site owner for over three years prior to us doing what we did. The staff was running Ourbombers, without the help of Colin. What we did was make the decision to a run a site we could improve, instead of running one we couldn't. Like I've said multiple times, I respect Colin for the contributions he made to the Bombers fan community. He did a lot of good things over the years and that shouldn't ever be diminished.

That being said, I think painting us as "bad guys" for doing what we did shows some unfamiliarity with the situation. Should we have stuck with the guy that was promising us individually for three years that we would get the site upgrades we needed for it to be "functional"? Should we have stuck with the guy who trusted us enough to keep his site running and earning revenue but not enough to grant any of us access to any of the features that would've made our volunteer roles a lot easier? Or if some people think that's maybe a bit too selfish sounding and they wonder "how does that affect us?", should we have stuck with the guy who asked site members to donate in order to cover costs, but then turned around and offered me a monthly "salary" to turn my back on this place and come back to OB because he earned enough money off site revenue to pay me?

Colin created an awesome fan community when he created Ourbombers. Whether through life getting in the way or personal choice, he let that site fall by the wayside and we made the decision we did to create something that we thought could be so much better. For someone like TBURGESS to infer that what we did was "unethical" when everything we did, we did as volunteers who earn a combined salary of $0 for the time and effort we put into this is ... at best, poorly thought out and at worst, incredibly stupid.

20 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Realtors leave their cards in every home that they take their clients to. It's done to help the selling agent contact the buyers agent to get feedback and to show that you actually took your clients to the showing. It's nothing like posting on someone else's site to take their members.

So you do it to get the name out there and make it easy to find your contact info... so again, how is it different than what happened when this site started? People wanted to know where all those posters went, that was the extent of it. You are fighting a losing battle, but in classic fashion instead of slinking away you are doubling down on that losing argument. 

17 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

To be fair, this is how I classify most of Tburg's posts so at least he is staying in character. :)

I just want to post that I enjoyed this post, and that Rich better not delete anymore of mine, when I say basically the exact same thing :)  *waves*

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

What we did was definitely a little more than that, since we created a thread on Ourbombers basically saying we were leaving and that if people wanted to follow us, this was where to find us.

What I take issue with is this idea that we "poached" anyone. Maybe for the sake of clarity, it should be mentioned that Colin was almost entirely inactive as a site owner for over three years prior to us doing what we did. The staff was running Ourbombers, without the help of Colin. What we did was make the decision to a run a site we could improve, instead of running one we couldn't. Like I've said multiple times, I respect Colin for the contributions he made to the Bombers fan community. He did a lot of good things over the years and that shouldn't ever be diminished.

That being said, I think painting us as "bad guys" for doing what we did shows some unfamiliarity with the situation. Should we have stuck with the guy that was promising us individually for three years that we would get the site upgrades we needed for it to be "functional"? Should we have stuck with the guy who trusted us enough to keep his site running and earning revenue but not enough to grant any of us access to any of the features that would've made our volunteer roles a lot easier? Or if some people think that's maybe a bit too selfish sounding and they wonder "how does that affect us?", should we have stuck with the guy who asked site members to donate in order to cover costs, but then turned around and offered me a monthly "salary" to turn my back on this place and come back to OB because he earned enough money off site revenue to pay me?

Colin created an awesome fan community when he created Ourbombers. Whether through life getting in the way or personal choice, he let that site fall by the wayside and we made the decision we did to create something that we thought could be so much better. For someone like TBURGESS to infer that what we did was "unethical" when everything we did, we did as volunteers who earn a combined salary of $0 for the time and effort we put into this is ... at best, poorly thought out and at worst, incredibly stupid.

Typical Mike. Type about a bunch things that have little or nothing to do with what I typed about in the first place. Your entire post is filled with good reasons to break away from the old site and start your own, which I have absolutely no problem with. None of it has anything to to with using the old site to promote the new one.

FTR: The only 2 things I said were crap were:

1. Using Colin's site to promote you own site.
  2. Complaining that Colin wasn't nice when you did #1.
6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So you do it to get the name out there and make it easy to find your contact info... so again, how is it different than what happened when this site started? People wanted to know where all those posters went, that was the extent of it. You are fighting a losing battle, but in classic fashion instead of slinking away you are doubling down on that losing argument. 

You don't see any difference between using someone else's competing website to take their members and leaving a card to help the other Realtor contact you? That's dim, even for you. Being right and winning the argument aren't always the same thing. ;)

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Typical Mike. Type about a bunch things that have little or nothing to do with what I typed about in the first place. Your entire post is filled with good reasons to break away from the old site and start your own, which I have absolutely no problem with. None of it has anything to to with using the old site to promote the new one.

FTR: The only 2 things I said were crap were:

1. Using Colin's site to promote you own site.
  2. Complaining that Colin wasn't nice when you did #1.

You don't see any difference between using someone else's competing website to take their members and leaving a card to help the other Realtor contact you? That's dim, even for you. Being right and winning the argument aren't always the same thing. ;)

I do have a question for you ... if you have such strong feelings about what we did and how we did it, why were you the 5th member (outside of moderators) to sign up for this site, and why have you actively supported it all these years by being in the top 35 posters by number of posts?

As for your number 2, I could be wrong, but I don't think there is anyone from the moderator team who left OB that is complaining about what Colin did when we left.

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

You don't see a difference between people asking where everyone went and other's telling them and using someone else's site to take their members? That's dim, even for you. 

This is your problem, you have these ideas in your head but you never stop and consider that maybe you are mistaken in what you think. No one said to anyone "hey leave ourbombers for mbb", what the folks who started this place said was "we're leaving for a new site, these are the reasons why, feel free to join us there" Colin tried to silence all mention of this place which is absurb because the entire basis of message boards is conversation and communication between fans of a team, and that communication and conversation does include discussion of other sites. For example, The Extra Point was never censored in discussion there. You see the difference right? Colin was butthurt that his negligence of his site bit him in the ass so he took the petty way out of things. 

On 2017-05-26 at 10:46 PM, Noeller said:

For what it's worth, I didn't leave because of the look of the site... I left because of the people. 

me too actually.  I could give zero care for how the site looked imo.  if it funtioned (which OB did and didn't at times lol) then I was happy.. I havent had nearly the "wtfs up now" moments with MBB that I had with OB. 

I do miss some of the old schoolers too.. Geebs for sure, Furbelly from many many moons ago, grumpy, neg (but he still comes around here sometimes) and for some weird reason, Gbill.. tho I think it was more a morbid curiousity to see what may be posted next and how it would be taken by the board lol.

On 2017-05-27 at 8:28 AM, Y2C said:

Bomber fans on the Bomber forum that had become terrible wanted to know where the new non-terrible Bomber forum was.

The people who knew told them.

It's pretty complex stuff.

and so unethical!

smh, I cant honestly believe we are having a discussion about ethics on a football fan board.  season start now please before someone's head explodes.

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

I do have a question for you ... if you have such strong feelings about what we did and how we did it, why were you the 5th member (outside of moderators) to sign up for this site, and why have you actively supported it all these years by being in the top 35 posters by number of posts?

As for your number 2, I could be wrong, but I don't think there is anyone from the moderator team who left OB that is complaining about what Colin did when we left.

I signed up because it was a new site to talk Bombers. Simple as that. That doesn't mean I didn't think it was a crap move in the first place. I've got lots of posts because folks like to argue with me and I have a different opinions than lots folks around here. 

For Example:

17 said on page 4 of this thread... "and then once people left Colin made the address of this place censored for everyone, even in PMs, cause I remember trying to PM someone the address to this place and they just got a bunch of stars. 

Bottom line is Colin was an egotist and couldn't handle not being THE Bomber internet message board guru. " That's the 1st post in this thread that I replied to. Without it, were about 4 pages shorter and a bunch of posts less on this thread.

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You don't see a difference between people asking where everyone went and other's telling them and using someone else's site to take their members? That's dim, even for you. 

This is your problem, you have these ideas in your head but you never stop and consider that maybe you are mistaken in what you think. No one said to anyone "hey leave ourbombers for mbb", what the folks who started this place said was "we're leaving for a new site, these are the reasons why, feel free to join us there" Colin tried to silence all mention of this place which is absurb because the entire basis of message boards is conversation and communication between fans of a team, and that communication and conversation does include discussion of other sites. For example, The Extra Point was never censored in discussion there. You see the difference right? Colin was butthurt that his negligence of his site bit him in the ass so he took the petty way out of things. 

I get that you've talked yourself into the idea that you did the right things for the right reasons and don't like being called out on doing it in crappy manner. It wasn't simply 'Where'd everyone go?'. It was an coup organized by the OB mods. What did you expect Colin to do? Nicely ask you to stop butthurtin him or just ask when your going to be done?

4 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Today is my four year anniversary on this site.

Bluto messaged me through OB and said I was on a list you guys made of posters to ask to follow you over here. I thought, "that makes sense. I have a lot to offer."

My 4 year anniversary too.  At least that's what my profile says, hope that's not "revisionist history", LOL.  I guess we both got the same inbox at the same time and joined on the same day.