Let's play, "how far can we drop out of the Wild Card Race during the bye"

IC Khari

6 and 5 points respectively so far with Calgary needing to play one more game to catch up to the 63 games we've already played while LA and St. Louis have 3 and two games more ... where's the depressed emoticon, we need one on this site ;)

Edited by IC Khari

On 2/25/2017 at 9:14 PM, Goalie said:

I hope helle and the young ones (Laine ehlers scheif even Morrissey Trouba ) all play well but I hope we lose more than we win. 

I just imagine a world where I tell my players we need to lose more than we win for the better of the organization.

I know what you (and others) are saying and I know it can result in better odds at acquiring a higher draft pick coupled with providing icetime to players who need the development at this level. All good I know.

But these two worlds of 'my job is to help us win every game knowing we won't win every game ' to 'let's look at the bigger picture' will continue to collide and I don't know if I'll ever find a comfortable spot between the two as a loyal fan. I also think there are some Jet people, be them players, coaches, management whom also struggle with this. But they have a big pool of money to go home and jump into whereas all I have is a jersey, a shirt and a hat to help. 

They are 5 points behind st Louis and play them Friday.  A win and playoffs are a possibility.. a loss and I'll say it's truly over.  This is it here pretty much. 

Lose and you are 7 back.  Win and 3 points to make up isn't much 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Carolina is irrelevant 

How is it irrelevant?  We're talking about how low we can go. Caroline just needs 4/10 points in 5 games to have more points then us at the same number of games(64).

They got a point tonight. Just need 3 out of 8 pts in the next 4 to be ahead of us,

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

On 2/25/2017 at 9:09 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Lottery or not. Maximize the balls in the drum. Lose out. - my brain. 

Just win baby! - my heart 

Correct on both fronts.

However, I'll just add a little bit to the latter one:

Just win baby so I can shove all those statistics, percentages, logic, memes and gifs up the naysayers a**

But I do love all loyal MBB posters here, no offense. :-)

13 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Correct on both fronts.

However, I'll just add a little bit to the latter one:

Just win baby so I can shove all those statistics, percentages, logic, memes and gifs up the naysayers a**

But I do love all loyal MBB posters here, no offense. :-)

No offence taken! :P

Speaking for myself, I hate that I've turned into a naysayer!  I've soured on our regime in charge and their "plan", over the last 12 months.  They'll ALWAYS be my team, and hey, maybe we do an Oiler-style turnaround next season and *poof* playoffs.  I'll be the first one to come back and praise Chevy and Mau for their resolve this season.  

On one hand, maybe my expectations for this year were too high.

On the other hand, I don't think a playoff spot is a high expectation, really. 

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

No offence taken! :P

Speaking for myself, I hate that I've turned into a naysayer!  I've soured on our regime in charge and their "plan", over the last 12 months.  They'll ALWAYS be my team, and hey, maybe we do an Oiler-style turnaround next season and *poof* playoffs.  I'll be the first one to come back and praise Chevy and Mau for their resolve this season.  

On one hand, maybe my expectations for this year were too high.

On the other hand, I don't think a playoff spot is a high expectation, really. 

Well said.

After the loss against the Wild, I was reminded yet again of how maddening and frustrating more times than not to watch our team, to get us thinking they are finally turning the corner then WAM!, car wreck. My wife, two children and two dogs do not enjoy football and hockey seasons. Who is he talking to? is the common question around here.  

To be able to function, we are just like the players, we need to have very short memories.