Game 65 : Blues @ 18 Games Left

So what... 

Most guys drafted are a year or 2 away 

Only Matthews Laine and Tkachuk were drafted this year.

Fun fact... jets aren't winning a cup in a year or 2... 

Laine is the only Jets player drafted who played a full year in his draft year.  

Edited by Goalie

24 minutes ago, Goalie said:

So what... 

Most guys drafted are a year or 2 away 

Only Matthews Laine and Tkachuk were drafted this year.

Fun fact... jets aren't winning a cup in a year or 2... 

Laine is the only Jets player drafted who played a full year in his draft year.  

giphy.gif

The only interesting part to me about the draft and possibly landing a top 2 pick again (both centers, Patrick and Hischier) 

Let's just say we Get Patrick, that would probably allow us to trade one or both of Little and Wheeler for D help right now. 

So part of me thinks winning a top 2 pick would be great, but only if it means we move some of our vets out for now D help. 

If we got Patrick, you almost have to go full youth movement.  And you have to take the best player, regardless of need, at that point.  But then, like you said, you have to make other changes to improve areas of need.  If they keep Buff as the old man on D, then trade Toby as well.  Build D around Trouba and Morrissey.  We have some young D coming up.  But yeah, how does Wheeler and Little fit in when you need to find spots for Patrick...and Roslovic.

39 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The only interesting part to me about the draft and possibly landing a top 2 pick again (both centers, Patrick and Hischier) 

Let's just say we Get Patrick, that would probably allow us to trade one or both of Little and Wheeler for D help right now. 

So part of me thinks winning a top 2 pick would be great, but only if it means we move some of our vets out for now D help. 

That was the one thing about making Wheels the C. He's UFA in a bit unlike Scheif.

If anyone going its Little I think. Give a lot to get a lot.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I don't think he survives another 12 months if the record isn't better next season.

The pressure from media and fans to make a change will be insurmountable by then. 

Lol. Maurice goes long b4 Chevy and ppl can pretend fan pressure this or that... it means nothing. The Jets aren't gonna be making moves just to keep a vocal minority who tend to complain about everything happy... that might have worked for bomber teams in the past but it won't work for the Jets. First the media need to start asking questions... they won't tho. Besides what do you want him to do? Sign FA's who have better options than Winnipeg?  I like it here but I could see why millionaires with families might not have Winnipeg as an option 2 come 2. 

It's funny cuz most people with realistic expectations at the start of the year had them fighting for a wild card spot... they beat st Louis Friday and they are 3 points behind them. Will they make the playoffs? Probably not but a win Friday starts to make you go hmm 

Edited by Goalie

Regardless of the Hate some of these players get... at the start of the season if someone said Buff Toby would really struggle... myers would miss most the year... Stafford and Perreault would have down years... and we'd be 5 points put of a playoff spot with 19 20 games to go... I think most people would think you were crazy.... the fact that they are only 5 out and have had to deal with injuries schedule poor play from key players.. it's pretty decent actually.  

39 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Regardless of the Hate some of these players get... at the start of the season if someone said Buff Toby would really struggle... myers would miss most the year... Stafford and Perreault would have down years... and we'd be 5 points put of a playoff spot with 19 20 games to go... I think most people would think you were crazy.... the fact that they are only 5 out and have had to deal with injuries schedule poor play from key players.. it's pretty decent actually.  

I'll agree.  No one could have predicted how bad the Blues, LA, Stars and Nashville would be this year.