Game 66 : Avalanche @ 17 Games Left

15 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Game Time : Saturday 6

Game Story : After shutting out STL the Jets are looking for revenge against one of the worst in the league.

Tragic Number : 31

What the Jets are playing for...

aJjkfM9.jpg

I love you like a brother (or sister) I've never wanted :-), but what exactly are the Jets playing for? 

Just to have a bit of fun with this, let's play fantasy land where you are the head coach with real NHL head coach responsibilities. You are no longer a logical loyal fan who knows what this team should do. You are in the hot seat. It's all on you know, everyone is watching.

What approach do you (or any others here who want to play) take in coaching this team?

Imo you can't have it both ways where you coach them to try to win but you hope you lose because your team would ultimately benefit from it. Try saying that to the media. My guess is that approach is it wouldn't even fly in camera. You are dealing with very competitive individuals who want/and know how to win. 

To keep with the path you've (and others here) have been on for some time now and what you (and others) believe needs to happen to achieve a lot of things you (and others) believe is needed for this club, you would be sitting most of our core players e.g.,  NE, BW, DB, MS, TE, JT, BL, TM (if healthy) which would have happened weeks ago. You'd probably still dress PL and CH for development purposes. You then would dress our top prospects playing in the AHL or currently in the press box. I assume that's the approach you would take based on your continuing posts for some weeks now?

I myself coach the team my GM has given me (with my influence hopefully) by focusing our efforts every game to win to make the playoffs. Until we are mathematically eliminated that's what we do because i can't have it both ways. We field the best team possible (which comes with some tough decisions based on current production, injuries, the strengths of our next opponent and what we need to do to combat it, maybe I have some differences of opinions with my ac's etc etc). When that crappy time comes, I then think development. (see above).

I'm not necessarily defending PM here because he has indeed made some odd decisions since being here, but it's easy as a fan to say this is what the Jets are playing for with no skin in the game. It's a tough gig that I respect anyone in that position has (which doesn't mean I like them or don't think they should be relieved).

It seemed like this team was almost doomed going into this season is the way I look at it.

Not just the Pavelec/Copp demotions but that Maurice was mixing up the lines so much during the first quarter of games you almost needed a new line listing displayed during the intermissions on the scoreboard. Pretty much told us too he was gonna do this too which was the warning sign.

Jets are a funny team in that at one point were leading the league in players with 40+ points but are bad in every other stat. Can pretty much leave the offense alone during the off-season.

Need a big mofo LHD and a better goalie-duo.

Least one problem has been dealt with.

Do they have a chance at the playoffs? Right now they do but I don't see them improving D enough to fix whats plagued them all season and if you're gonna miss then tank even if there's not much to tank for this year.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

2nd Period

Refs getting paid for every penalty they call tonight?

4-0 Chiarot just made the COL goalie look worse then Hutchison.

5-0 Ehlers. COL should pull their goalie and they just did.

How bad COL? A guy on a breakaway chose to pass it to someone behind him.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg