Game 68 : Penguins @ 15 Games Left

2 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

What are the odds that someone looks for payback on Malkin?

I see the Penguins are dressing Sestito (sp?) tonight.  Coincidence?

Thorburn plays again, while Petan sits.... again.

When was the last time Thorburn made anyone pay for a nasty hit?  He's barely a tough guy in this league.  Rarely fights and when he does its BS anyway.  We dont have a guy that will take someone's head off for hurting one our players.

3 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

What are the odds that someone looks for payback on Malkin?

I see the Penguins are dressing Sestito (sp?) tonight.  Coincidence?

Thorburn plays again, while Petan sits.... again.

And do what? The team didn't anything when it happened. I doubt they'll do anything now.

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

When was the last time Thorburn made anyone pay for a nasty hit?  He's barely a tough guy in this league.  Rarely fights and when he does its BS anyway.  We dont have a guy that will take someone's head off for hurting one our players.

I, in no way, was implying Thorburn would do anything about the hit.  I was bemoaning the fact the he is again playing, over Petan.  Plus, If Thorburn is on the ice at the same time as Malkin, something has gone terribly wrong.

I would like to see someone catch Malkin with his head down, but I don't expect anyone to 'jump' him.  They need to focus on the 2 points.

4 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

The guys on the ice went after him, what else should have happened? It was late in a close game. Anything else would have been stupid.

Wheeler should challenge him tonight if they want to do something about it.

Nothing. The whole revenge thing is stupid and so is expecting that Thorburn, who's avoiding the tough-guy, fighter role will do anything now. Thorburn should be in the press box until his contract expires.

But there seems to be an expectation around Winnipeg that the Jets are going to get rough with Malkin and the Pens tonight. If this Jets team is ACTUALLY worried about 'revenge' on the Pens, then they're not focused on their job.

(I don't think the Jets are too worried about revenge on Malkin and the Pens tonight, BTW)

58 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

The guys on the ice went after him, what else should have happened? It was late in a close game. Anything else would have been stupid.

Wheeler should challenge him tonight if they want to do something about it.

Yeah Stuart wanted Malkin. See pic in post #1.

It's Wheelers choice for revenge.

Game Predictions:

Sesito and thorburn have a meaningless fight at mid-ice about 4 minutes into the game... deflating whatever momentum either team had.

Chiarot screens Helle for the winning goal.

Maurice describes the game as 'real gritty' where 'we gave it all we had,Lowry especially' 

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

I, in no way, was implying Thorburn would do anything about the hit.  I was bemoaning the fact the he is again playing, over Petan.  Plus, If Thorburn is on the ice at the same time as Malkin, something has gone terribly wrong.

I would like to see someone catch Malkin with his head down, but I don't expect anyone to 'jump' him.  They need to focus on the 2 points.

Paging Dustin Byfuglien Paging Dustin Byfuglien.

3 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Just to reiterate, nobody is expecting Thorburn to do anything.... about anything.  I'm pretty sure about 99% of us don't even want him dressed... ever.

Oh no I want him playing, I hope Pomo puts him on the PP as well as his stellar work on the PK...?

1st Period

Backup anthem singer. Gotta like her ability to sing and gargle at same time.

SNW announcer not Mr. Exciting.

Jets lots of chances shorthanded but missing the net. We that bad on 2 on 1's? Yes.

Wheeler gets his revenge! Funny how is helmet came off on his first punch.

Then Thorburn gets into it. Not as much fun as the Wheeler fight.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg