Chris Jones Signs Vince Young: Brilliant or Desperate?

BigBlue

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

who's your qb for the foreseeable future?.......that's why. You have on vet who you've signed for the 3rd time now. And a bunch of question marks behind him. Nichols might not be a world beater, but he's brought stability to the position. Davis and Lefevour have both been in the league for a while now and Lefevour has proven he can get it done when the circumstances are right. Davis has the up side of being in the same system.

The Riders don't have any of that. Just Kevin Glenn. Who like I said is making his 3rd appearance as a Rider (recycle, reduce, reuse), say what you want about our situation. But you're legit insane if you think the bombers & riders are close in the qb department - as it stands right now.

You think LeFevour is a better backup than Bridge? Not a chance, there is a reason why he cannot stay on a team. No one wants him as a designated backup. And Davis is nothing to look at. Atleast I know our QB situation is terrible, you guys need to accept that your QB situation is one hit away from being just as bad as the Riders.

18 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

You think LeFevour is a better backup than Bridge? Not a chance, there is a reason why he cannot stay on a team. No one wants him as a designated backup. And Davis is nothing to look at. Atleast I know our QB situation is terrible, you guys need to accept that your QB situation is one hit away from being just as bad as the Riders.

You're delusional. Bridge has nowhere near the resume that LeFevour has.

In fact, does Bridge even have a resume? He's on his second team in 2 seasons in the league. And has passed for 2 whole TDs. Start the parade!

And "cannot stay on a team"... Glenn.

Edited by JCon

7 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

Every team in the league is one hit away. That's how football works. Lefevour over bridge or vice versa is just a matter of opinion right now. Neither have done anything to win a starting job on teams that needed one. You know that Bridge was also let go right? And to be fair, Lefevour has only been cut by one team. Hamilton. He left the CFL for the NFL during FA and did the same to TO for the bombers last year. I'm not saying teams where beating down his door, but he hasn't been a Training camp/mid season cut.

If we want to play who's better. Please look up Brandons first start compared to Lefevours. Or just Career stats in general. I'm not even a big Lefevour fan, but Bridge has done exactly nothing in this league. Lefevour actually has some decent film out there on a Pro team, even as an Argo last year he put up decent numbers. Brandons best game he threw for 220 yards against the 2015 Riders (Worst defence in the league). Levefour has won a playoff game. And thrown for more than 300 more than once. Levefour also beat out Bridge in MTL, Brandon was third on that depth chart behind Crompton and Levefour. And even after both of those guys got injured he STILL didn't get to start. Cato was brought in to replace him the very next week!

Glenns won a total of 3 games in the last 3 seasons, Young hasn't seen a live snap in 6 years,  Bridge has a career 53 passes,  Kinne has 11 career passes, bennett has none. 

That, so far is THE worst QB plan I can remember off the top of my head by a team heading into a season. I fully expect Jones to cave to some of the kings ransom demands by LDC and airlift in someone else's QB. This current plan has no hope.

I'm the last guy to be a fan of The Fever, but I'll take his experience at back-up over anything Brandon Bridge has shown thus far. Our QB situation is no more fragile than anyone else in the league, and certainly a lot more stable than the Riders and others...

1 hour ago, Kluchk said:

Show you work please cause I am dying to hear the reasons for saying this... and no he wears green isn't valid reasoning. The Fever has much more experience, and yeah he's bounced around but 2 teams in 2 years for Bridge isn't exactly a check in his favour either. So go ahead, what makes Bridge better? 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Every team in the league is one hit away. That's how football works. Lefevour over bridge or vice versa is just a matter of opinion right now. Neither have done anything to win a starting job on teams that needed one. You know that Bridge was also let go right? And to be fair, Lefevour has only been cut by one team. Hamilton. He left the CFL for the NFL during FA and did the same to TO for the bombers last year. I'm not saying teams where beating down his door, but he hasn't been a Training camp/mid season cut.

If we want to play who's better. Please look up Brandons first start compared to Lefevours. Or just Career stats in general. I'm not even a big Lefevour fan, but Bridge has done exactly nothing in this league. Lefevour actually has some decent film out there on a Pro team, even as an Argo last year he put up decent numbers. Brandons best game he threw for 220 yards against the 2015 Riders (Worst defence in the league). Levefour has won a playoff game. And thrown for more than 300 more than once. Levefour also beat out Bridge in MTL, Brandon was third on that depth chart behind Crompton and Levefour. And even after both of those guys got injured he STILL didn't get to start. Cato was brought in to replace him the very next week!

If there's one thing I've learned from being on the internet, it's that rational responses have no effect on irrational people.

If there's two things I've learned from being on the internet, it's that ****** ************* while **** ****** in the ******* **** ****** isn't all it's cracked up to be.

15 hours ago, Kluchk said:

Imagine if Nichols goes down due to injury and the Bombers suck again. Anything can happen. I don't understand why yall think your QB situation is miles ahead of the Riders. 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...... oh wait, this was serious?!?

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

The Riders don't have any of that. Just Kevin Glenn. Who like I said is making his 3rd appearance as a Rider (recycle, reduce, reuse), say what you want about our situation. But you're legit insane if you think the bombers & riders are close in the qb department - as it stands right now.

Reduce the number of quality QBs on the roster, that one makes sense... Would KG be considered a recycled or a reused QB?? :D

35 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

Its funny.....if I told someone off like that on here, Mike or any other admin would ban me. But its ok for others to talk this way to Rider fans. Cool makes sense.

You know what?  You should boycott this place for a year or two.  That would really teach us a lesson.

2 hours ago, Kluchk said:

Its funny.....if I told someone off like that on here, Mike or any other admin would ban me. But its ok for others to talk this way to Rider fans. Cool makes sense.

And you're saying you don't know why that is?  You are a troll.  You provide zero insight and offer nothing to further a conversation.  You make a few snide, outrageous posts and then get all snarky and cry when someone gives you a hard time. 

Personally, I can do without Ripper on this site too, but at least he/she comes here willing to talk football.  Good dialogue even with difference of opinion.

You come here to make posts that amount to "Riders rule, Bombers drool". 

19 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

I'd bet you $50 the Riders finish ahead of the Bombers this year in the standings. If you're man enough to take the bet call me out in October/November and I'll pay up.

I will take that bet!

Edited by Cam
Grammar