Chris Jones Signs Vince Young: Brilliant or Desperate?

BigBlue

Riders interview room features Grey Goose and chicken wings

Posted on March 25, 2017 by 3Down Staff // 1 Comment

The Saskatchewan Roughriders interview room at this week’s CFL Combine seems like it was pretty fun place to be.

According to Winnipeg Free Press reporter Jeff Hamilton, the Riders had almost two dozen people in the suite at the new Mosaic Stadium as well as some refreshments.

Along with 23 ppl, the Riders also had chx wings and Grey Goose in the room, neither which were for the players.

9 hours ago, Dee Urban Hermit said:

Do you want to supersize that?

I think we have a few linemen who would fir that description. FYI- down in the US of A, a guy who consumed 50 lb of food at one "meal" is suing an all-you-can-eat buffet for discrimination because they asked him to leave. He weighs nearly 800 lb.  And there is your appetite suppressant for the day. 

1 hour ago, tracker said:

I think we have a few linemen who would fir that description. FYI- down in the US of A, a guy who consumed 50 lb of food at one "meal" is suing an all-you-can-eat buffet for discrimination because they asked him to leave. He weighs nearly 800 lb.  And there is your appetite suppressant for the day. 

tumblr_o60hqxzuF71sqek1po1_1280.jpg

2 hours ago, tracker said:

Is this the story you are talking about?

http://www.snopes.com/man-kicked-buffet-sues/

Vince Young has nothing on this guy, Ogden hasn't played in 10 years but a CFL GM recently contacted him to invite him to camp.   Oh, sweet Fairy God Mother let it be Jones!

http://www.thasportsjunkies101.com/breaking-news-marques-ogden-return/

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I would almost guarantee that it's either Jones or Mack that would go after a guy like this because "NFL players are automatically far better than CFL players"....

rider fans seemed convinced it's them and rightfully so with the VY but I have a suspicion it's the argos myself. But wouldn't be surprised if it's the Als (I think thats who macks with now?)  Olafioye needs a back up

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I would almost guarantee that it's either Jones or Mack that would go after a guy like this because "NFL players are automatically far better than CFL players"....

I could check later but I wouldn't doubt this guy played with Vince Young. Interesting that he was contacted around the same time Young was.

Maybe Jones finds players by looking at old NFL almanacs. 

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

rider fans seemed convinced it's them and rightfully so with the VY but I have a suspicion it's the argos myself. But wouldn't be surprised if it's the Als (I think thats who macks with now?)  Olafioye needs a back up

That's a good call on Argos as an option, on account of Trestman. Hadn't thought of that, but definitely possible. Still, like most, I'd love it to be another colossal Jones f*** up... 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

That's a good call on Argos as an option, on account of Trestman. Hadn't thought of that, but definitely possible. Still, like most, I'd love it to be another colossal Jones f*** up... 

Contacted 6 weeks ago, isn't that before Trestman signed with the Argos?

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Vince Young has nothing on this guy, Ogden hasn't played in 10 years but a CFL GM recently contacted him to invite him to camp.   Oh, sweet Fairy God Mother let it be Jones!

http://www.thasportsjunkies101.com/breaking-news-marques-ogden-return/

I am having a harder and harder time believing that the Gleiberguys are not behind the scenes in Regina.

I don't know who is behind this latest unretirment recruit, but I do know it's getting stupider and stupider. What the hel does this guy have after not playing for 10 years? Memories? Arthritis? 

C'mon, this is embarrassing for the CFL, unless they're thinking of a Masters Division...