Chris Jones Signs Vince Young: Brilliant or Desperate?

BigBlue

I am sure the biggest concern is not whether he can get into football shape by June

My biggest personal concern is how much of his compensation is off book - - being paid by some sask' business as a "marketing consultant" .... disrespecting the cap can only be bad for the league.

My greatest hope is he is western all star in 2017 ... it will bring more NFL pllayers up here

So is Chris Jones an incredible mad professor or delusionally brilliant?

10 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

There is a big problem with a board that won't examine certain issues in detail

its off season talking points all over and run over thread to thread. any thing that has us talking football is good imop xD

I think its desperation, and the taman esq desire to win the presser instead of games. 

39 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

its off season talking points all over and run over thread to thread. any thing that has us talking football is good imop xD

I think its desperation, and the taman esq desire to win the presser instead of games. 

Vince Young or any other QB savior, Kevin Glen included , is going to look incompetent behind the fairy tale offensive line they have  ....  bad O-lines destroy confidence  & QB careers .... we have proved  that here in Bombersville

Seen way too many former NFL Qbs crash and burn here...and Vince doesn't look in great shape at all.  Have to say if he looks good in TC might sell some tickets but if he doesn't it's gonna be a tough year if they force Young in to start....but it will be fun to watch ethier way.??

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

Vince Young or any other QB savior, Kevin Glen included , is going to look incompetent behind the fairy tale offensive line they have  ....  bad O-lines destroy confidence  & QB careers .... we have proved  that here in Bombersville

Thats the truth. 

9 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Seen way too many former NFL Qbs crash and burn here...and Vince doesn't look in great shape at all.  Have to say if he looks good in TC might sell some tickets but if he doesn't it's gonna be a tough year if they force Young in to start....but it will be fun to watch ethier way.??

No joke. Spurgeon lose and purolator pat barnes etc.  The cfl just takes a different mentality, mind set, and speed of play then the NFL. Its a rare thing that a qb goes one way or the other with success having had success in the other. Even the great old examples of flutie and garcia etc, those were a long time ago when teams still ran traditional american form offenses. Before the default being single back pistol offense. 

19 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Joners listed two other starting QB candidates not including Glenn or Bennett

Having watched the news conference and followed the threads I have seen nothing to change my mind  that Jones is desperate meaning going off book for his QB isn't helping .... might even be retarding progress .... Jones is putting a lot of stock in Brandon Bridge as his QB of the future and who knows if GJ Kinne can do anything ... I guess Jake Waters and Bryan Bennett may not even make it to main camp with Young & Glenn nudging each other for the season's initial starting role

Trying to live up to former glories can make you do strange things and going with long shots isn't the step by step matter of fact way to build your ball club

Strike one for pressure

Strike two for a horrific offensive line to suppport QB development & confidence building

Strike three for ego & narcissism

Where is the next strike coming from?

Just now, BigBlue said:

Having watched the news conference and followed the threads I have seen nothing to change my mind  that Jones is desperate meaning going off book for his QB isn't helping .... might even be retarding progress .... Jones is putting a lot of stock in Brandon Bridge as his QB of the future and who knows if GJ Kinne can do anything ... I guess Jake Waters and Bryan Bennett may not even make it to main camp with Young & Glenn nudging each other for the season's initial starting role

Trying to live up to former glories can make you do strange things and going with long shots isn't the step by step matter of fact way to build your ball club

Strike one for pressure

Strike two for a horrific offensive line to suppport QB development & confidence building

Strike three for ego & narcissism

Where is the next strike coming from?

I don't know, but its gonna be fun to watch. Better than Netflix.

I guess the big question is when do the Sask natives start to become restless .... if Young makes the team disappointment is sure to follow .... if not disrespect is going to show up in the biggest way possible .... even if the Riders had accumulated great talent in this off season, the  so very many changes means its going to take time & patience for the club to gel .... what's going to happen 4 or 5 games in when there is almost nothing in the victory column?

Will we see panic?

Just now, BigBlue said:

I guess the big question is when do the Sask natives start to become restless .... if Young makes the team disappointment is sure to follow .... if not disrespect is going to show up in the biggest way possible .... even if the Riders had accumulated great talent in this off season, the  so very many changes means its going to take time & patience for the club to gel .... what's going to happen 4 or 5 games in when there is almost nothing in the victory column?

Will we see panic?

One can hope. Perhaps manure is being accumulated as we speak (probably from the provincial legislature in Regina).

I doubt he'll even get to Preseason. He's going to get confused by the waggle or lose track of the extra DB. Either way, it'll be Keven Glenn starting for the Riders.  Heck, whether it's Young or Glenn, neither of them will be able to through the wide-side out, so...

Or, that wacky little fire hydrant of a HC/GM/DC/LMNOP is going to go with Young just to prove he's right and we can all be treated to another dumpster fire out west... which will make none of us sad.

On 3/13/2017 at 0:20 AM, wpgchris said:

Or, that wacky little fire hydrant of a HC/GM/DC/LMNOP is going to go with Young just to prove he's right and we can all be treated to another dumpster fire out west... which will make none of us sad.

LMNOP???  :blink:

I was chatting with a Rider fan friend of mine (a very reasonable guy btw, they actually do exist) over the weekend... I was joking with him saying if you put a head shot of VY next to Derek Dennis, which one will look in better shape?... he just laughed and said, probably Dennis...

He's probably in that frustrated, but patient group... he doesn't love the direction of the team but he'll wait til game play before passing judgement...