Game 70 : 13 Games Left @ Predators

9 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I want to say the smallest crowd i saw the Jets play was in the blizzard of 86 when the Devils were in town. Think 2k at game.

This is a memory test.

It was fun. My buddy and I got to go and use his dad's season tickets. It was crazy out there and the arena was very, oddly, quiet and hollow.

EDIT: I remember it was my first and only Devils game. They only came once a year (maybe once every two years?) and my friend's father always scooped them up. It was very odd, quiet and hollow sounding Winnipeg Arena. My friend's dad got tied up with a work-related thing. It was a Sunday and I remember he had to pick us up after and grumbled about missing the game for months after. Final score Jets 8 and Devils 1.

The same season, the Devils played the Flames in front of 334 people during a huge storm.

Edited by JCon

Looking up some fun facts, that was the Saturday of the blizzard (which began Friday night).  So Im shocked they didnt cancel that game.  How did they even fly out to face the Kings on the Monday in LA?  If that was a home game it would possibly have been cancelled because everything was closed on the Monday.  Unlike today, when snow can be cleared fast, it say for awhile.

During that stretch Jets only lost 5 of 18 games.  The Devils game was 4th win in a row, lost in LA and then rattled off 4 more wins in a row.

And for those that want to remember the Blizzard or dont remember it at all, here's some video of the Blizzard of the Century

20 hours ago, do or die said:

Past JM and Trouba.......we have AHL D.  Another 5 goals against...

....and of course ole Buff can't make the line change with everyone else in OT, and takes the penalty. 

We have the postman and the milkman playing defence for us, that's how bad it's gotten.