2017 NHL Draft

Apologies if one of these threads has already been started, but I didn't see it so I thought I would start one.  After watching last night's 3-0 debacle, it's painfully obvious that another season will end with no playoff games to watch.  I am thinking that I am going to have to endure my friends who are Calgary Flames fans this year laying it on thick as Calgary advances to at least the third round.  We will see as they will have to get through San Jose who plays a similar style.  Anyway, I am starting to research mock NHL drafts and I found one online, who is projecting the Jets to pick at #9, and pick the following player:

Miro Heiskanen

Undersized defenseman who continues to shine impressively in every international showing. Although he is slightly built and in need of beef and more muscle, he is very athletic,and has shown himself an equal to the grown men playing against him in the Finnish pro league. He possesses high end mobility, agility, an excellent skating stride and vision and makes solid defensive zone reads. A four-direction skater who easily transitions to his back pedal and calmly handles the attacker when middle zone turnovers happen. He is very good around his own net,and has a very active stick, clogs lanes and either moves the puck to the right place in transitions, or will skate the puck out, even under pressure. Plays calm and makes good decisions under pressure in his own end. Anticipates well and reads and activates from the defensive position flawlessly, as he carries and passes the puck so well. A power play quarterback who distributes well and gets it on net when he shoots. The negatives is he may not be able to get that much bigger and needs girth and muscle. So he is what he is: a extremely agile puck carrier who simply is not a big man. Hasn't the NHL had room for a few of these?

https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2017/

Does this not sound like a Finnish Toby Enstrom?  Is this really who we want to take in the first round? I notice they have Cal Foote going at 18.  I would be mad if the Jets passed an opportunity to grab him, if he's still available at #9.  He's just like his dad, and would be a horse for us on D for a long time.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

This guy has us picking:

6. Winnipeg Jets - Casey Mittelstadt, C, Eden Prairie (HIGH-MN)

The University of Minnesota recruit has elite puck skills, NHL quickness, and has excelled at every level. Mittelstadt (6-1, 201) was MVP of the USA Hockey All-American Top Prospects Game in September, had 21 points (eight goals, 13 assists) in 16 games with Green Bay of the United States Hockey League early in the season, and now is the leading scorer for his high school team.

https://www.nhl.com/news/mike-morreale-2017-nhl-mock-draft/c-285904720

This seems more Chevy's way - taking young guys out of the USA.