Game 77 : 6 Games Left @ Devils

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Yeah if only Dano played instead of Thorburn, it would have been 6-0 for sure and we would have made playoffs and we'd all get laid God damn Maurice strikes again

Uhhh no but what's the point of playing someone who ain't gonna be here next year and sitting out young players? We know what Thorburn can't do already....everybody but Maurice it seems.

9 hours ago, bustamente said:

Tonight's game showed that Armia must be protected solid defensively and his offensive game has potential. Last few games and the Jets are beating teams they should beat but still have problems with the more elite teams. Defensive system needs to be changed and it wouldn't surprise me if Huddy is the first to go. 

And he can take Flaherty with him.

Is it me or does Helle seem to be flailing around more in the net?  I feel like he used to be more solid in his positioning.  You know, boring?  I'm not sure if it's him feeling desperate to play better or what, but he looks a bit frantic at times.

13 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

And he can take Flaherty with him.

Is it me or does Helle seem to be flailing around more in the net?  I feel like he used to be more solid in his positioning.  You know, boring?  I'm not sure if it's him feeling desperate to play better or what, but he looks a bit frantic at times.

14820244.gif

A friend of mine played goalie in his youth so he sort of focuses more on that position and he said at the beginning of the season (before Helle struggled) that Helle was terrible and would never be a legitimate #1.  His reasoning was that while Helle is "big & boring" he doesnt move.  And when he tries to move, he makes it even worse.  My friend said he'd tell Helle to just stand still because at least some pucks would just hit him.  He's basically a pylon standing there.

Friend thinks Hutch is better because he's more athletic.

I find Helle really doesn't move much.  Even when he's on his knees with a rebound in front, he basically bears down and hopes it hits him.  On the flip side of that is Pavs who is very athletic and flipping and flopping all over because he's not positionally great so he has to use athletics to make saves.  Helle is the opposite.  But practically immobile.  Plays too far into his net for a goalie that cant react fast enough. 

Obviously we have no idea what takes place in his coaching sessions, but Helle is getting worse.  Thats why Im so hot about Flaherty.  Other teams go through coaches looking for the right mix for their goalies, not change goalies til you find the right one for your coach.

54 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

A friend of mine played goalie in his youth so he sort of focuses more on that position and he said at the beginning of the season (before Helle struggled) that Helle was terrible and would never be a legitimate #1.  His reasoning was that while Helle is "big & boring" he doesnt move.  And when he tries to move, he makes it even worse.  My friend said he'd tell Helle to just stand still because at least some pucks would just hit him.  He's basically a pylon standing there.

Friend thinks Hutch is better because he's more athletic.

I find Helle really doesn't move much.  Even when he's on his knees with a rebound in front, he basically bears down and hopes it hits him.  On the flip side of that is Pavs who is very athletic and flipping and flopping all over because he's not positionally great so he has to use athletics to make saves.  Helle is the opposite.  But practically immobile.  Plays too far into his net for a goalie that cant react fast enough. 

Obviously we have no idea what takes place in his coaching sessions, but Helle is getting worse.  Thats why Im so hot about Flaherty.  Other teams go through coaches looking for the right mix for their goalies, not change goalies til you find the right one for your coach.

2ab3604c428f863e7506a2b25c679398144d41a1

47 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

That actually looks brutal.  What's Helle doing on his knees????

Looks brutal cause of the editing - he's on his knees because he was sliding across with the pass that isn't shown.  Gets to the post (that's where the gif starts) and tries to push back the other way to move with the deke but it's too late.

He should have come over with a tighter door on the five hole because it wasn't much of a deke at all and should have been stopped, but that gif making him look like he was having a seizure on the ice doesn't come close to showing what actually happened on that goal.