Game 72 : Wild @ 11 Games Left

20 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'd agree if the perspective is that fan reaction is solely a judge of the effort or result of the players on the ice.  But its not a foreign concept for fans to react to the over-all franchise direction. 

When the fans boo and players are asked its not like they are taking it personally.  You're reacting to the product on the ice which isnt just the players.  I dont know Blake Wheeler personally so my reaction isnt whether he's a nice guy or not.  Its his effort that day and the team as a whole.  And the team as a whole sucks.

Some people liked the effort in that game more than I did.  I didnt watch the whole game live.  But I didnt like it.  I would not have been applauding.  I would have been shaking my head at this team.

Which is not to say the fans cant react anyway they want.  Fans often get lambasted for boo'ing.  Fans pay, they can cheer or boo however they want.

I was at the game on Sunday.... if you think that fans cheering at the end of a game is indication that they are all happy with the direction of the organization... then you are far too removed from a live sporting event...

I was frustrated, but not too surprised, they blew the lead... but I was standing up cheering at the end of the game, not because I am supporting the status quo, but because it was an exciting finish... and a little respect for Morrissey and Stuart who played the entire 2 minutes of 6 on 4... simply b/c they were the only 2 NHL defensemen Maurice had to chose from in that situation :D 

31 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I was at the game on Sunday.... if you think that fans cheering at the end of a game is indication that they are all happy with the direction of the organization... then you are far too removed from a live sporting event...

I was frustrated, but not too surprised, they blew the lead... but I was standing up cheering at the end of the game, not because I am supporting the status quo, but because it was an exciting finish... and a little respect for Morrissey and Stuart who played the entire 2 minutes of 6 on 4... simply b/c they were the only 2 NHL defensemen Maurice had to chose from in that situation :D 

Meh maybe being there live changes things.  I shook my head and shut it off as soon as the Jets scored. 

33 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I don't view Stuart as an NHL defenceman, but yeah, Maurice didn't have a lot to choose from, at that point.

4 hours ago, BomberBall said:

I don't view Stuart as an NHL defenceman, but yeah, Maurice didn't have a lot to choose from, at that point.

yeah the actual comment I made to my friend at the game was "the closest thing to 2 NHL defensemen he has".... with Buff in the box, that sadly made Stuart our 2nd best D-man...

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Meh maybe being there live changes things.  I shook my head and shut it off as soon as the Jets scored. 

That's fine... I probably wouldn't have even watched it if I wasn't there... all I'm saying is the excitement of winning a close game is what brought fans to their feet... not some generic enthusiasm of the state of the franchise... 

I remember the 2013 Banjo Bowl... I knew I was watching one of the worst Bomber teams since the Reinboldt era... and I really just wanted the season to end so we could blow it up... but that was still an exciting game to be at as I spent most of the 2nd half on my feet...