Game 74 : 9 Games Left @ Kings

I've turned the corner on Helle. He's awful. 

Everyone in the world knows he's weak Glove side. 

If only there was some sort of person who could be hired to work with Helle on his weaknesses. Someone to coach the goalie. Let's call it a goalie coach. 

Flaherty can't be fired soon enough. They should leave him in Cali. 

The good thing is if, God forbid, Helle should ever suffer a catastrophic injury that resulted in the amputation of his left arm, he'd still be as effective a goalie as he is now. 

Lawless pushinf the idea of Fleury. Why on earth would Fleury come here and work with a goalie coach who has made every goalie he ever coached worse? 

Why is Laine on the point? Because Maurice is the smartest hockey guy in the world. Just ask him, he'll tell you. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

5 on 3 with zero pressure... but a goal because Laine's back in his spot... until the next PP

All the energy has been drained from Laine - Laine on RW and Ehlers on LW is just plain stupid.

But not as stupid as Laine on third line.  Or as right D on the powerplay

Stu actually plays goal on the PK - little known fact

Nogier, Melchiori and Strait ready to head back to the A

Maurice throws the lines in the blender all damn season... except when we're reeling against the Kings

Chevy and Maurice may have finally destroyed Helle's confidence... breaking news:  Comrie shelled in the AHL, pulled

Morrissey texting Trouba on advice how to get out of this organization

Draft and develop... draft and develop... draft and develop

10 hours ago, iHeart said:

that's dumb. Why should they serve a goalie's punishment? 

serious question (no offense intended)... are you new to watching hockey?.... a goalie getting a penalty and having the 2 mins served by a skater on the ice is one of the most basic rules that has existed for as long as I can remember...

or maybe it's just something that's slipped under the radar for you... I guess it doesn't come up too often....

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

serious question (no offense intended)... are you new to watching hockey?.... a goalie getting a penalty and having the 2 mins served by a skater on the ice is one of the most basic rules that has existed for as long as I can remember...

or maybe it's just something that's slipped under the radar for you... I guess it doesn't come up too often....

actually not really, I've been paying attention to Hockey since the jets came back (so yeah 6 years isn't really long) before that I would only watch the playoffs if any Canadian teams made it in

well you just made a better understanding of it, do they just pick a skater at random?

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Maybe they should force a goalie to sit in the box and vacate the goal for two minutes.  That would certainly increase scoring!

good idea, too bad it would probably give more incentive for the refs to pick on the Jets

2 minutes ago, iHeart said:

actually not really, I've been paying attention to Hockey since the jets came back (so yeah 6 isn't really long) before that I would only watch the playoffs if any Canadian teams made it in

well you just made a better understanding of it, do they just pick a skater at random?

The coach of the penalised team gets to decide who will sit in the box, but it has to be a player who was on the ice when the penalty happened.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

actually not really, I've been paying attention to Hockey since the jets came back (so yeah 6 years isn't really long) before that I would only watch the playoffs if any Canadian teams made it in

You're kind of in the same boat as my brother in law... he is not really a sports guy but has started watching and cheering for the jets since they came back... and I would be willing to bet he would not have known that rule either... that's kind of what I was thinking with my initial post...