200 Level: Is the Music Too Loud?

TrueBlue

200 Level: Is the Music Too Loud?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Feedback from a handful of season ticket holders in the 200 level this season has been that the music played during breaks is way too loud. Do you agree?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I haven't noticed.

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm sorry you had that experience but it would be similar wherever season ticket holders sit.

Go Bombers!

That's fair. The "West Side Sucks" thing is just a jab.  Though I still think that as a whole there are cultural differences (less so in the new stadium) between the two sides and it becomes a matter of preference. The move to the West side was mostly predicated on the lack of sun and a new son that we could eventually bring to the game.  But he's only 15 months old. He has a ways to go before we bring him there, I think...

11 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I really don't think there are better seats in the house than those first few rows of the upper deck. I had sat in the north end zone at old stadium but now have first row on the east side you have such a great angle to the action up there.

We have managed to get to the first row (at the rail) of the upper section of the upper deck on the 40ish yard line. Great seats!

You guys who have 1st row seats are dicks!  :lol:  I'm only a little bit jealous because I haven't managed to grab any yet...  never seems to be anything available when I try to use the relocation program (which I have found pretty useless tbh). 

I have the last row of the lower section though so I can stand the whole game if I want and not be one of "those" guys.  Not giving those up until I can get 1st row.

10 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

You guys who have 1st row seats are dicks!  :lol:  I'm only a little bit jealous because I haven't managed to grab any yet...  never seems to be anything available when I try to use the relocation program (which I have found pretty useless tbh). 

I have the last row of the lower section though so I can stand the whole game if I want and not be one of "those" guys.  Not giving those up until I can get 1st row.

My buddy has the last row of the first section and loves it. He's also right on the aisle and can get to the WC quickly. I sometimes wonder if that would be better but I don't really want to move.

I used to be in the last row of the endzone and loved standing for lots of the game.

The first row certainly has it's limitations. Reduced leg room and obstructed view with the safety bar. My son moves around to see everything.

14 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Bombers have been very accommodating for my group relocating.  First season I was with my group of 4 buddies, but one row directly behind & they were all in front of me.  Year 2 I was able to move to the same row.  Year 3 we all moved down 2 whole rows to be a wee bit closer.

Now home is 209, 45 yd line a few rows up.  Perfect. 

A little off topic, but related to the sound system.  I've given this feedback to the Bombers as well when called about customer satisfaction, but I'd like to hear the announcer put through to the speakers on the ramps.  If I'm running late for a game, or something like that, it would be nice to hear what's going on as I'm running up there.  I'm told that those speakers are just for emergency use, but I don't see why they can't use them all the time since they are there.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

My buddy has the last row of the first section and loves it. He's also right on the aisle and can get to the WC quickly. I sometimes wonder if that would be better but I don't really want to move.

I used to be in the last row of the endzone and loved standing for lots of the game.

The first row certainly has it's limitations. Reduced leg room and obstructed view with the safety bar. My son moves around to see everything.

I've got this as well... it's a nice thing to have.  I do like my seats so I'm good waiting until something better opens up.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Bombers have been very accommodating for my group relocating.  First season I was with my group of 4 buddies, but one row directly behind & they were all in front of me.  Year 2 I was able to move to the same row.  Year 3 we all moved down 2 whole rows to be a wee bit closer.

Now home is 209, 45 yd line a few rows up.  Perfect. 

I haven't had any luck (online or talking to a rep) in moving my seats.  Every year I've been told there is nothing available for what I'm looking for (which admittedly is fairly limited).  I don't know that their system is 100% accurate though.  We had the same neighbors for a couple seasons but it doesn't look like they renewed their tickets last year so we had randoms sitting next to us all season.  That's fine with me but we had friends wanting to move their seasons there but weren't able to.  So either the system was wrong or the neighbors did renew & just sold off their tickets.  1st world problems though...

19 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I've got this as well... it's a nice thing to have.  I do like my seats so I'm good waiting until something better opens up.

I haven't had any luck (online or talking to a rep) in moving my seats.  Every year I've been told there is nothing available for what I'm looking for (which admittedly is fairly limited).  I don't know that their system is 100% accurate though.  We had the same neighbors for a couple seasons but it doesn't look like they renewed their tickets last year so we had randoms sitting next to us all season.  That's fine with me but we had friends wanting to move their seasons there but weren't able to.  So either the system was wrong or the neighbors did renew & just sold off their tickets.  1st world problems though...

And when no randoms show up... Some pretty cool dudes will come sit with you!!!

B)B)B)

8 hours ago, JCon said:

Last row of the lower bowl near the aisle are the best seats.

Edited by Jesse

9 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Get rid of the Salisbury House fan contest. It's the one where the fan is blind folded and has to run to the banner. I have never seen anyone win as none of the participants actually try. Bring back the mattress races instead. 

maybe they would win if people would stop misleading them with their boo's and cheers. I would probably cheer a little louder for them if the whole place got a free cheese nips

Since we're throwing suggestions out there...

one of my biggest pet peeves that I've complained about for many years is how the jumbo-tron/announcer gets the crowd riled up when the offense in on the field... you know how on defense they'll have a player on the jumbo-tron to pump up the crowd for noise... they need to have Harris or Nichols come on the jumbo-tron and tell everyone "shhhh for the offense".... a big play happens and people are excited, which is great, but as soon as the huddle forms again, people need to shut up and let the offense work... probably about 2/3 of the crowd have no idea "when" to cheer... it drives me crazy when our offense is huddling and people start standing up and cheering... all it would take is a jumbo-tron PSA every now and then for people to figure it out (hopefully)...

Can't say I've ever noticed the noise levels so I'm going to go ahead and say no, it's not an issue.

I agree with the idea of getting Nichols or Harris (I'd get them all to do it, but I have an imaginary budget of infinity hours and dollars) doing up a clip for the jumbotron telling fans to SHHHH on offense.

Most of the kinks of the stadium were cleared up last year though ... either that, or I'm way less of an entitled dbag because I don't remember being annoyed at all last year by the poor spelling of the closed captioning or by the lack of full screen replays on the jumbotron.

One suggestion I would make though ... the TVs in the concourse should be playing the live feed. If you want to inundate me with people taking selfies and hashtagging them on the jumbotron, that's fine. But I'm at a football game and if there's action going on, it'd be nice to know that if I'm in the concourse taking a leak or grabbing some food, I'm not going to have to see only every second or third TV showing game action.

37 minutes ago, Mike said:

One suggestion I would make though ... the TVs in the concourse should be playing the live feed. If you want to inundate me with people taking selfies and hashtagging them on the jumbotron, that's fine. But I'm at a football game and if there's action going on, it'd be nice to know that if I'm in the concourse taking a leak or grabbing some food, I'm not going to have to see only every second or third TV showing game action.

I think they do... maybe not all of them, but I know I've watched in the concourse before... the funny thing though, it's about 2 seconds delayed... so you'll hear the fans start cheering then I look up and see a big play... so kinda takes some of the intrigue away...

Calgary has players doing the jumbotron vids to tell fans to not be morons and I laugh at them every time and think "Winnipeg doesn't need that because we're not morons and we actually know something about the game".......please don't tell me we're as bad as the asshats in Calgary..............

42 minutes ago, Mike said:

Oh, so you're the one.  Please feel free to use the restroom next time.  

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Calgary has players doing the jumbotron vids to tell fans to not be morons and I laugh at them every time and think "Winnipeg doesn't need that because we're not morons and we actually know something about the game".......please don't tell me we're as bad as the asshats in Calgary..............

If you think most of the Winnipeg crowd has a hot clue what's going on... you haven't been to Bomber game in a while...

On 3/23/2017 at 6:23 PM, Jesse said:

Last row of the lower bowl near the aisle are the best seats.

Aisle seats are nice, but my opinions have changed that I know like the middle of the row.  

1. You don't have people in your row making you stand and/or interrupting the game.  

2. The people walking up and down the aisle are never in your viewpoint. 

3. You can walk out to your left, and come back in from the right.  Therefore, you don't piss off your neighbours on one side all the time.