200 Level: Is the Music Too Loud?

TrueBlue

200 Level: Is the Music Too Loud?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Feedback from a handful of season ticket holders in the 200 level this season has been that the music played during breaks is way too loud. Do you agree?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I haven't noticed.

It is too loud. During the game, it's less noticeable because of the other ambient noise; however, before the game, it can be really jarring. 

(Nothing like be surprised by a couple of CF-18 buzzing the stadium but still jarring)

I enjoy getting to the game early and getting settled with my son. It's also a good time to catch up with my 'neighbours'. When the music is blaring, I don't enjoying being in my seat. 

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

...had a scary incident while flying into YWG a couple weeks ago that nearly put me down that road.....lesson: Don't fly with a sinus cold....

YES! I flew home from Mexico in January with a sinus cold and it took two weeks for my sinuses to stop hurting. 

Not too loud, but I am in row 6 on the west side (at the same elevation as the concourse level).  I'm sure the sound is different throughout the 2nd deck.

Now if you're talking about the guy that sits behind me, he's way too loud for my nieces and their ears.  I wish I could sit behind him rather than in front of him.

12 hours ago, Rich said:

Not at all about the sound level ....   but ...  I really like the idea of the drum line but they play the same beat between plays every single time.    Some variety would be nice.  

If anything I would say the music isn't loud enough!...

I like the drum line but as a musician, one of my biggest per peeves is hearing off-beat percussion... they should try to coordinate the drum line to add to the music playing on the PA... rather than just playing a random beat that is completely different than the PA song... probably difficult to coordinate that but just a thought...

There's been moments where they've mistakenly had the music a little too loud for the situation that has been unpleasant. But overall I'd say no. 

On a somewhat related note: we had season tickets on the west side last year for the first time in my 12 years of season tickets. It does, indeed, suck. And we'll be moving back. Luckily we got the exact same seats on the east side! 

Can't say the music is too loud cause I haven't noticed.

i do enjoy the drum line. The Catfish Brass Band is a real hoot. Exceptional addition in my opinion. Fighter Jets CF whatever's are very cool. Cheap(ish) beer in the tailgate area is appreciated. Extra garlic on the garlic fries are great and very Ukrainian. 

Giant Canadian flags during the anthem makes my heart swell. A super size Canadian flag flying during the game would be just so cool, unique and remarkable. Like that effen huge flag that can be seen from anywhere in Cancun, that big yup. Even if the supersize flag was for a couple of games, it would bring tears of pride to my heart. Rent a crane, as a flag pole.

Godzilla size blow up Beavers like at the Vancouver Olympics. Very neat. Do we have a Godzilla size blow up helmet, or player? 

The dunk tank for rider fans is an inspiration. So something similar to what I saw in Iran. Burning a Rider player in effigy. That ought to spark the rivalry! 

How about more women at the game, skinny, large mammalian protuberances, and must be a bomber fan. 

Edited by Rod Black

27 minutes ago, BBlink said:

On a somewhat related note: we had season tickets on the west side last year for the first time in my 12 years of season tickets. It does, indeed, suck. And we'll be moving back. Luckily we got the exact same seats on the east side! 

Oh thank god. It was getting awkward. We had asked if you could be relocated back the East side. This will be a big relief to the emergency committee that was struck to handle the situation.

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

Oh thank god. It was getting awkward. We had asked if you could be relocated back the East side. This will be a big relief to the emergency committee that was struck to handle the situation.

Oof. Struck a nerve did I? Guess years of chanting will wear on a guy.

In all seriousness though, I was turned off at the amount of negativity and whining in our section last year. You have a bunch of jaded long-time fans that for whatever reason still think the players can see the field like a game of Madden.  That is not the kind of atmosphere that I find enjoyable. As much as I respect an educated fan, leave the negativity at home please!

4 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Oof. Struck a nerve did I? Guess years of chanting will wear on a guy.

In all seriousness though, I was turned off at the amount of negativity and whining in our section last year. You have a bunch of jaded long-time fans that for whatever reason still think the players can see the field like a game of Madden.  That is not the kind of atmosphere that I find enjoyable. As much as I respect an educated fan, leave the negativity at home please!

I'm sorry you had that experience but it would be similar wherever season ticket holders sit.

Go Bombers!

Just now, Jpan85 said:

I really don't think there are better seats in the house than those first few rows of the upper deck. I had sat in the north end zone at old stadium but now have first row on the east side you have such a great angle to the action up there.

Me too!

I had lots of fun in the end zone sitting with all my buddies and the random groups that showed up. That was before kids. And now, my son and I sit in the first row on the West side. I love the view and the atmosphere. My 'neighbours' are great.