200 Level: Is the Music Too Loud?

TrueBlue

200 Level: Is the Music Too Loud?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Feedback from a handful of season ticket holders in the 200 level this season has been that the music played during breaks is way too loud. Do you agree?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I haven't noticed.

50 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'd imagine the higher up you go the closer to the speakers you get = louder sound.  If you turn it down to cater to the upper level, you risk making it too quiet for the lower bowl

So, if I understand you, you're suggesting that 

A = D/F

where D = distance and 
F = frequency
Directly using the equation, 
y = A sin (ω t + ϕ)

Thanks for clearing that up!

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

So, if I understand you, you're suggesting that 

A = D/F

where D = distance and 
F = frequency
Directly using the equation, 
y = A sin (ω t + ϕ)

Thanks for clearing that up!

Never mind the equations, it's a scientific fact, the louder the advertising the more junk people buy.

On 2017-03-24 at 9:07 AM, Mike said:

Can't say I've ever noticed the noise levels so I'm going to go ahead and say no, it's not an issue.

I agree with the idea of getting Nichols or Harris (I'd get them all to do it, but I have an imaginary budget of infinity hours and dollars) doing up a clip for the jumbotron telling fans to SHHHH on offense.

Most of the kinks of the stadium were cleared up last year though ... either that, or I'm way less of an entitled dbag because I don't remember being annoyed at all last year by the poor spelling of the closed captioning or by the lack of full screen replays on the jumbotron.

One suggestion I would make though ... the TVs in the concourse should be playing the live feed. If you want to inundate me with people taking selfies and hashtagging them on the jumbotron, that's fine. But I'm at a football game and if there's action going on, it'd be nice to know that if I'm in the concourse taking a leak or grabbing some food, I'm not going to have to see only every second or third TV showing game action.

I, for one, found the closed captioning edit from Rory Kohlert to Rory Dough Alert added some much needed levity while watching Calgary destroy us back in 2015.

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

We will always have the REAL Canadian Air Force, Rory Dough Alert and Jay Detain.

But really, reading that the "Balm hers move twitch main forage hearse down" helped no one.

I think Jay Detain has more career receptions than both Jade Etienne and Addison Richards and would be a welcome addition to our beleaguered depth at Canadian WR.

I think the bottom line in this thread, for TB and the Bombers staff who are interested, the atmosphere at Bombers games is exceptional, IMO. Granted, I only get to go to a couple per year, but I've had a blast (win or lose) every time....take that fwiw, from a very very old-school 37 year old...

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

Whatever happened to the eat the corn guy?

Lol. I sat in the seat next to that guy and his girlfriend for a few years (around 2000-2004). I didn't know his real name, but everybody called him Meat (Bull Durham reference). That guy must have had to take a loan to afford all the beer he drank. He would start to come up the stairs with two beers, everybody in the section would start chanting for him to drink them, and he would demolish them both and go back for more.

He also had a "ride the pony" bit he did for us...

2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Lol. I sat in the seat next to that guy and his girlfriend for a few years (around 2000-2004). I didn't know his real name, but everybody called him Meat (Bull Durham reference). That guy must have had to take a loan to afford all the beer he drank. He would start to come up the stairs with two beers, everybody in the section would start chanting for him to drink them, and he would demolish them both and go back for more.

I remember all of that - and the old school Wickman jersey that he swapped out for a straw hat and overalls at the Banjo Bowl.

I wish they had done a better job of recreating a section S style experience at IGF.

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

Or some people just have their financial priorities straight...