HOF Inductees

Rich

What a fine letter written by Wade Miller on the HOF induction of Mike O'Shea.
Some sample lines...

"I’m honoured to have attended the official inductee announcement of Mike O’Shea into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame, even though it was in Saskatchewan."

"His career stats – 16 seasons, 1,154 tackles, 30 sacks, three Grey Cup rings, two as a player and one as a coach"
"a team-first attitude, a willingness to do whatever it took for teammates, and always having their backs while being focused on winning. He had a relentless work ethic, was forever holding his teammates accountable, and was never worried about hurting someone’s feelings if they weren’t playing for the team. He led by example, first by being a student of the game and then becoming another defensive coach on the field, with the only difference being that this coach would rip your head off if given the chance."

"What makes him stand out the most is his passion for the CFL and being a Canadian. He played each game like it was his last and always had fun along the way on and off the field."

http://www.bluebombers.com/2017/03/23/wade-miller-coach-oshea/

I knew Kelvin Anderson was a good back, but I didn't realize he had eight straight 1000-yard seasons.  Holy cow, that's amazing. Backs don't last as long these days...

I remember a game during O'Shea's rookie year where he had like 20 tackles for the Ti-Cats, he was all over the field, like he was seeing the play a minute before it happened.  Soon as I could, I changed my football number to 59.  Been a huge fan ever since and was over the moon when the Bombers hired him.

Edited by johnzo

MOS was always a guy I respected, even on another team. There were very few opposing team players that I didn't despise...MOS was a guy I always respected because he seemed like the ultimate lunch-pail, perfect teammate guy......he was the Jonathan Toews of CFLers....