Game 76 : Canucks @ 7 Games Left

16 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Maurice is doing this because of "feelings". He knows better then anyone. Just ask him, he'll tell you. 

By the way, #MoMustGo

Well, so far every line combination he's tried can't seem to maintain their focus through an entire period... let alone game.

Even with all the callups... Stuart is still our worst D - by far.  And we have Brian Strait...  crazy.

Tanev really is not that good... great hustle though.

Why not give the AHLers some PK time... meaningless games anyway

Goal posts should get star #1

Much better team when half our D are plugs...

And half the opposing team are AHLers...

On the upside... 

Trouba and Morrissey are really great picks, phenomenal development.

Perrault can be very good.  Lowry getting more confidence.

Wheeler must be fighting an injury... reminds me of Ladd's last season.

With Frolik, this might have been a playoff team.

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

But is he really?

That might be one of the dumbest Jets-related tweets this season. 

Completely asinine. 

What looking somewhat competent for a couple games, now he's our guy?!?

Muddied the waters?! Yeaaaaaah right.  Buh bye Pavelec, buh bye Hutch, resign Helle because you need 2 goalies anyway and bring in a FA or trade acquisition.   To suggest otherwise is laughable. 

I think its relevant only in the context of the Jets.  This is a team that knew by Christmas they were having issues on D.  Hell, they knew it entering the season since Trouba was a hold out.  But by Christmas they could see Buff was "bad Buff" and Myers was hurt.  They did nothing to improve the D.  Absolutely nothing.

They knew by Christmas that goaltending was shaky.  They did nothing to address that.  Absolutely nothing.  When Maurice finally got sick of it, they re-called Pavs who played just as well as one would expect - not well at all.

When this team still had a shot at the Playoffs, Chevy did NOTHING to address the short-comings.  ZERO. 

So when our back up, who has one year left, starts playing well, it doesnt surprise me that someone would say 'I bet Chevy thinks Hutch can play next year'.

By Christmas, Chevy had closed the book on the playoffs this year.  I dont know why.  Incompetence?  Budget?  Who knows.  But when the team needed help to compete, he closed his door. 

But what does that all have to do with Hutch?

He's had 4 good starts in a row in meaningless games, who cares.  At least the ONE time Pavelec went on a heater we got a playoff spot out of it. 

Anyone who's on this board enough knows I've been a staunch Hellebuyck supporter - at the cost of my sanity, credibility etc.   So why so down on Hutch?  He's further down the career path.  Far more established as a pro, still not good enough, and IMO his career path has been trending down the last few seasons. We know what he is at this point.  So to should the Jets, but I won't hold my breath.

Frankly given Chevy & the team's recent history, we should expect at least 1 head-scratcher of a signing or re-signing.  *shudders*  Stuart, Thorburn, Hutch, Strait.... who's it going to be?

Could be creative things to do.  vegas has to pick three goalies but they dont have to keep them.  Perhaps they pick a solid available goalie and flip him to someone else.  Jets send Hutch and a pick as part of a deal to prevent vegas from taking someone we want to keep.

Better solution is the Jets finding a way to only protect 3 D.

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Could be creative things to do.  vegas has to pick three goalies but they dont have to keep them.  Perhaps they pick a solid available goalie and flip him to someone else.  Jets send Hutch and a pick as part of a deal to prevent vegas from taking someone we want to keep.

Better solution is the Jets finding a way to only protect 3 D.

Vegas gonna have 8-10 NHL guys playing the minors? And they they have to sign another 12-10 guys to fill up their AHL team unless they go halfers with someone.