Bombers: Change In Operations Spending

Noeller

http://www.bluebombers.com/2017/03/30/blog-on-the-road/

I thought this was neat enough to start it's own thread. We know, from players talking about it, that the Bombers started spending more money on little things, and really acting like a pro organization. Jamal Westerman said they operate exactly like an NFL team. This article has a little more in depth on what that means... 

The Bombers have to keep up. You chintz trying to save money in one area  then it affects others. If players aren't happy or encounter difficulties on the road then it affects their play on the field. I can only imagine how bad it was under Butchko & Mack.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:21 AM, Noeller said:

The thing is, knowing Manitoba, there's probably people who think this is "misspending the budget" and that the players are asking for too much. "WE'VE GOT A STADIUM TO PAY FOR!!!" 

just think how many MRI's and operations we could be doing with this money instead. #sotiredofthatstatement

Ha that's a good read.  Glad to hear that Winnipeg is putting "professional" back in "professional football team".  I still remember the Cal Murphy days and hearing a story about how Cal was charging players $.25 per cup for Gatorade.  I don't know if this was an urban legend but those days are over, and thank goodness for that.  I don't think Cal would adjust well to the way players are treated nowadays.  But anyway, kudos to Wade and the gang for changing the attitudes and the operating methods.  Winning football games and building a dynasty isn't just about finding good players, it's about building an all-around professional winning methodology.

11 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Ha that's a good read.  Glad to hear that Winnipeg is putting "professional" back in "professional football team".  I still remember the Cal Murphy days and hearing a story about how Cal was charging players $.25 per cup for Gatorade.  I don't know if this was an urban legend but those days are over, and thank goodness for that.  I don't think Cal would adjust well to the way players are treated nowadays.  But anyway, kudos to Wade and the gang for changing the attitudes and the operating methods.  Winning football games and building a dynasty isn't just about finding good players, it's about building an all-around professional winning methodology.

In the cap era, this is a way of helping encourage players to come to Winnipeg. Assuming everyone is paying around the same, how the players are actually treated goes a long way, IMO.

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Needed the Gatorade money to keep his whole family on the WFC payroll.