Ryan Smith to retire

Jpan85

Interesting, I would think now with his available salary that was fairly significant and already budgeted into the SMS for this year could be allocated for a fairly significant free agent signing or more inclination now to draft the BPA  with our first 2 picks and roster them this year.

Personally I would be on the horn with Laing giving him Smith's money and a bit more and going all Import receiver

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Interesting, I would think now with his available salary that was fairly significant and already budgeted into the SMS for this year could be allocated for a fairly significant free agent signing or more inclination now to draft the BPA  with our first 2 picks and roster them this year.

Personally I would be on the horn with Laing giving him Smith's money and a bit more and going all Import receiver

Could wait for some NFL cuts too. Some receivers won't make it to the summer and the Bobmers can be there to poach someone.

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Mcduffie is currently a Cowboy. Not sure about Gurley

I wondered about Gurley myself. Wish Smith the best but the timing kinda sucks. If it is job related, not health related (which I doubt with his concussion problems last season) & he knew he had to make a choice I just wish he let the Bombers know a month & a half ago as there were some pretty good receivers available then we could have pursued. Having said that, he still has to look after himself first so he made the best decision for him & his family.

Edited by SpeedFlex27