Ryan Smith to retire

Jpan85

3 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Pretty much everyone we dressed sans Denmark while Adams, Dressler and Smith were all hurt was unproductive. We also haven't recruited one single decent receiver with Walters as GM. 

We played three games last year without Adams / Dressler / Smith.  Mayo, not Denmark, was our most productive receiver in two of those games.

With about 300 yards in just five games, he was on a 1,000-yard pace last year.  Was a bummer to see him go.

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

We played three games last year without Adams / Dressler / Smith.  Mayo, not Denmark, was our most productive receiver in two of those games.

With about 300 yards in just five games, he was on a 1,000-yard pace last year.  Was a bummer to see him go.

McDuffie was also productive when given the opportunity to play receiver mid-season.  I agree about Mayo and they should be able to pick him up after the Riders cut him if they still want him.  They kept Shepherd over Mayo but he hasn't shown as much as a receiver IMO, despite being better on ST.

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

McDuffie was also productive when given the opportunity to play receiver mid-season.  I agree about Mayo and they should be able to pick him up after the Riders cut him if they still want him.  They kept Shepherd over Mayo but he hasn't shown as much as a receiver IMO, despite being better on ST.

Bombers just couldn't hold the Mayo.

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Yeah mcduffie was very good in limited reps at wr. Too bad we wasted soo many chances to use him on offense. Jace davis was very good early on. I think he got a raw deal in a bad offense that hadnt sorted things out. 

Despite that about davis, i dont think any of those guys are worth losing sleep over. It is a position we should be quick to scoop up depth at though. 

On 2017-04-01 at 2:07 PM, johnzo said:

I thought Mayo and agree he was the best of the bunch. But still, it's absurd say that all of our import receivers did good last year. We played a lot of duds.

On 4/3/2017 at 11:12 PM, Blueandgold said:

I thought Mayo and agree he was the best of the bunch. But still, it's absurd say that all of our import receivers did good last year. We played a lot of duds.

Hard to evaluate wrs in an offense that runs a offense thats 15 yards deep. Especially with the early season guys.