CFL Draft

Floyd

21 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Bomber buzz is not John Hodge... his name is Eric Matthews... for those of us that grew up in the 90s, it's not this guy:

Image result for eric matthews 

9 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

bladek # 19, ekakitie #26, herdman #2, idk if i could possibly agree less with that list. that list is at the pederson level of quality. you never go full pederson. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

bladek # 19, ekakitie #26, herdman #2, idk if i could possibly agree less with that list. that list is at the pederson level of quality. you never go full ped

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

Herdman at no 2 makes no sense his combine numbers were not great....

He wouldn't have gone to the CFL Combine if he had performed well at his Pro Day.

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

http://www.cfl.ca/2017/04/03/mock-2-0-ankou-senior-jump-charts/

another mock draft. Interesting, and far closer to reality then the other one. Though I dont think things will go that straight forward in the top 5. some one allways gets crazy and some one falls. Id rather behar at 6 then boateng as well. 

Truthfully it's not even close.  We are going to see the mock drafts drastically change after the April rankings come out

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Truthfully it's not even close.  We are going to see the mock drafts drastically change after the April rankings come out

close to reality? like i said i dont think any mock is ever close in the cfl. Especially with a few good OL prospects. 

I do think its a good representation of the talent, and the teams priorities over all at this point in time. But I also dont see any chance we take all linemen LOL. 

57 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

http://www.cfl.ca/2017/04/03/mock-2-0-ankou-senior-jump-charts/

another mock draft. Interesting, and far closer to reality then the other one. Though I dont think things will go that straight forward in the top 5. some one allways gets crazy and some one falls. Id rather behar at 6 then boateng as well. 

reading his description of Nate Behar leads me to believe he's a guy that is high on the Bombers radar...

"...was sure to impress in interviews with his IQ and conversationalist nature. The guy just loves football.

Dave Dickenson surrounds his room with men who are passionate about the cause."

sounds like a Mike O'Shea guy to me... Also, if a guy like Junior Luke is still potentially available at 15, going WR at 6 makes a lot of sense... 

Edited by bearpants

Pretty well thought out draft... I like Ferguson's articles.

Good argument for Gray at first overall. 

I still think Buono picks Vandervoort

Don't see the Boateng pick if Ekakitie, Mulumba and Behar are still on the board.

If Herdman's still there at 15, I think he's a bomber.

Boateng is one guy I can't see the Bombers being that interested in with their first 3 picks.  I mean if they look at him as a developmental guy maybe but I think this regime is far more willing to draft guys who can contribute sooner than later while developing, especially with high picks.

I also think the DB's get picked much higher.  Could see Wright and Woodson both gone in the first round.

On Gray...

You might say that’s a risky proposition, but imagine not taking the Manitoba product and watching him flourish for 15 years in Rider green.

It's so true. The rationale to take Gray at number 1 is as much about not getting burnt by him playing for someone else, especially the Riders.

If Walters picks Gray and he plays in the NFL for 5+ years, how would you feel?

Gray is probably the number one lineman in the draft.

26 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Don't see the Boateng pick if Ekakitie, Mulumba and Behar are still on the board.

very well could be, or at least a receiver. With Gore just about ready to hang them up they have Iannuzzi and then a bunch of ?'s at NI receiver. definitely a team with a need for ni depth there, which leads me to believe we might pick a receiver sooner then people think

We should know how much NFL interest in Gray there is before the draft....IF there seems to be a lot then Gray will have to be a latter round pick...I doubt that Jones will take Gray at 2 for the same reason....We know he's probably the best option in this draft but I think the uni-cycling guy heads south for quite awhile judging by the impression he left with the NFL scouts

35 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Boateng is one guy I can't see the Bombers being that interested in with their first 3 picks.  I mean if they look at him as a developmental guy maybe but I think this regime is far more willing to draft guys who can contribute sooner than later while developing, especially with high picks.

I also think the DB's get picked much higher.  Could see Wright and Woodson both gone in the first round.

and a project at end when we have corney plus butcher in side. Id b pretty shocked if we picked him with one of our top 3 picks. 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

reading his description of Nate Behar leads me to believe he's a guy that is high on the Bombers radar...

"...was sure to impress in interviews with his IQ and conversationalist nature. The guy just loves football.

Dave Dickenson surrounds his room with men who are passionate about the cause."

sounds like a Mike O'Shea guy to me... Also, if a guy like Junior Luke is still potentially available at 15, going WR at 6 makes a lot of sense... 

thats for sure. hes confident but in that healthy i want the ball cus i can make the play type. Driven, hard working football guy with really good athletic ability. 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

If buono picks vandervoort expect him to turn to gold. 

Gray is gonna be heavily dependent on nfl interest. I don think the bombers will put any emphasis on drafting bisons, as they havent to date. they go with their guys and best on the board it seems.

Herdman does seem to be the mos type too. if hes there at 15th or our next pic for sure. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Gray is gonna be heavily dependent on nfl interest. I don think the bombers will put any emphasis on drafting bisons, as they havent to date. they go with their guys and best on the board it seems.

And if Gray does get NFL interest, I bet he drops to at least 6th.

Bombers don't need to use their number one pick on him, I don't think.

Just now, JCon said:

And if Gray does get NFL interest, I bet he drops to at least 6th.

Bombers don't need to use their number one pick on him, I don't think.

yeah cant see a top 4 pick being used on him if he gets a lot of nfl interest. And with his athletic ability and size its hard to imagine him not getting a lot of interest. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

yeah cant see a top 4 pick being used on him if he gets a lot of nfl interest. And with his athletic ability and size its hard to imagine him not getting a lot of interest. 

I've only looked at one or two mock NFL drafts but the first o-linemen I saw off the board was at 17. I wonder how the depth is at guard and tackle this year?

Edited by JCon

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

I've only looked at one or two mock NFL drafts but the first o-linemen I saw off the board was at 17. I wonder how the depth is at guard and tackle this year?

i havent seen at all but he smacks of the type of guy nfl teams want. Big modern body and super athletic.