CFL Draft

Floyd

I think they will find out who has NFL aspirations & who doesn't & pick their player based on that. We haven't reached the point like a couple of other teams who can afford to draft a player for the future. We need them now & not just years later until after their NFL aspirations are over.

35 minutes ago, JCon said:

That won't work. According Walters' they're not deciding who they'll pick until the day of. Are you going to try to negotiate a contract right before the draft, then work your way down the list until you get someone to sign? 

compared to nfl risk yes

8 hours ago, Dr. Blue said:

Here's a piece of garbage on West division needs in the draft. Dude thinks the Bombers will be looking to draft a QB to replace Nichols...

https://www.getmoresports.com/cfl-draft-biggest-needs-west-division-teams/

I feel dumber for having read that... for future reference, we should try to avoid giving clicks to people who are absolutely clueless... just  the fact that he suggests we should be drafting a QB shows he has zero credibility in CFL analysis...

It's actually articles like this that make me wonder of he's just trolling CFL fans to get a rise or if he's actually that clueless... 

15 minutes ago, nate007 said:

https://bomberbuzz.com/2017/04/07/2017-cfl-draft-mock-draft-version-2-0/

I'd be alright with the outcome of this one, but would be a little bummed about missing out on Gray. Might rather have Herdman at six than Behar though...

Don't quite understand the logic...  if Senior's NFL interest is waning, why would he drop to 15 but Ankou and Gray still go top 5?

I certainly can't explain how a blogger sees his overall board in regards to drafting players for each team. But, he does go into some detail as to how he arrives at his choices. This mock draft  (bomberbuzz) is miles ahead of the 'getmoresports' version that was posted earlier. At least there is some logic and thinking that went into this draft and it is backed up by his reasoning.

Posting a 1st round mock draft would be difficult enough, but to go 4 rounds is putting it  right out there. I'm not sure it can work in any regard, but writing it up would not be easy and is fraught with the danger of lots of second-guessing.

But the effort is there and the writing is easy to follow. And basically that's all we can ask in a write up such as this. 
So, he gets a Blue ribbon for his efforts even if we can't all agree with his choices.

(*Word of the day)

Edited by Mr Dee

Too tough to do mocks these days.

First Round Potential: WR Vandervoort, WR Behar, OL Bladek, OL Woods, OL Gray, OL Senior, OL Spooner, DL Ankou, DL Luke, DL Ekakitie, DB Wright, LB Mulumba

Second Round Potential: OL Schram, OL Roy, DL Boateng, DL Vaughn, DL Okafor, DL McGough, LB Herdman, DB Woodson

Roughly.

"Funny thing about first-overall picks in professional sports – a team doesn’t really earn the selection as much as it is the result of either stinking horribly the previous year or after landing it through a shrewd trade and some timely luck."

These are the words of Ed Tait in his latest column "Looking Back at First Overall Picks"

As usual, a good read...

http://www.bluebombers.com/2017/04/07/looking-back-first-overall-picks/

3 hours ago, Mike said:

First Round Potential: WR Vandervoort, WR Behar, OL Bladek, OL Woods, OL Gray, OL Senior, OL Spooner, DL Ankou, DL Luke, DL Ekakitie, DB Wright, LB Mulumba

Second Round Potential: OL Schram, OL Roy, DL Boateng, DL Vaughn, DL Okafor, DL McGough, LB Herdman, DB Woodson

Roughly.

I pretty much agree with this.  I think Schram passed Woods with most teams, even Zver and Evan Johnson passed him.  There's only a few teams that really cream themselves because a guy is super huge.  Most are looking for players.  I also think Wright and Woodson will both go early.  They have potential to play a bunch of positions, right up to WIL for Wright.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Roughly.

Based on his disappointing pro day & so so CFL Combine results, is Herdman still a 2nd round pick? Or could he drop to the third round?

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

Don't quite understand the logic...  if Senior's NFL interest is waning, why would he drop to 15 but Ankou and Gray still go top 5?

I agree that does not add up... also this little tidbit while analyzing the Bladek pick is perplexing:

"Having released National starter Keith Shologan, the Bombers will likely have to resort back to starting three Canadian offensive linemen in 2017. With Patrick Neufeld back in the starting lineup, that leaves Michael Couture... as all they have for depth."

This guy follows the Bombers religiously... and unless he knows something we don't... I believe they are keeping the ratio as is... he even used that as a justification fro taking Ankou first overall...

49 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I agree that does not add up... also this little tidbit while analyzing the Bladek pick is perplexing:

"Having released National starter Keith Shologan, the Bombers will likely have to resort back to starting three Canadian offensive linemen in 2017. With Patrick Neufeld back in the starting lineup, that leaves Michael Couture... as all they have for depth."

This guy follows the Bombers religiously... and unless he knows something we don't... I believe they are keeping the ratio as is... he even used that as a justification fro taking Ankou first overall...

Maybe hes the guy that comes around every year or two claiming insider knowledge and giving TC reports when he clearly didnt go :lol: (good performances by people who didnt dress etc)

28 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

What do you guys think about Nate Behar at 6? Most bench presses and fastest 40 out of the receivers, guy looks like a beast.

I think its a lock that he'd be available at 6. But a better chance that hes gone at 15 then still on the board. Hes more toolsy then vandervoort but with a fraction of the polish. I like his head set and he seems like a smart player who loves football. not just a raw athlete. I think either would be a favorite going into camp to start. I would think behar gives us more on teams then vandervoort. I dont see vandervoort falling below 4 or behar going above 6.

If hes in the same talent tier as whats left at 6 aside from strong nfl interest guys id be pretty happy if we got him. Id be shocked and thrilled if we got him at 15.