CFL Draft

Floyd

5 hours ago, Floyd said:

Thats an interesting read. Idk about us going with one of each linemen for our first round picks. I think we grab behar or if some how he should drop vandervoort. 

Its a strange draft. The positions with first round talent have multiple guys. dt, wr, ol none of them have one guy head and shoulders better then the wrest. I wouldnt be surprised if our top 3 picks are ol, dl and wr at all. But I think we go wr with the 2nd first. The drop off at wr is much faster and much steeper then DL or ol. Ol will go early and often, as it allways does. 

Interesting... not sure if this has been mentioned yet...

http://3downnation.com/2017/04/26/game-changing-linebacker-late-add-to-cfl-draft/

EDIT: after reading the full article it sounds like he has realistic NFL chances... so I guess we'll wait and see... 

Edited by bearpants

7 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Interesting... not sure if this has been mentioned yet...

http://3downnation.com/2017/04/26/game-changing-linebacker-late-add-to-cfl-draft/

EDIT: after reading the full article it sounds like he has realistic NFL chances... so I guess we'll wait and see... 

Based on the level of NFL interest in him, he'll probably drop a few rounds.

2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Based on the level of NFL interest in him, he'll probably drop a few rounds.

yeah I kinda just read the headline and the first paragraph and thought this guy could be a first rounder... then after reading the whole thing it sounds like he may be a futures pick for someone later in the draft...

54 minutes ago, Dr. Blue said:

Cameron Judge is ranked 834 overall in NFL prospects and 67th in OLBs. 

Weighing close to 220 lbs, he might be a little small for the NFL. 

With his athletic prowess he probably gets listed as a saftey, but his teams play would be what gets him on the roster. Every player who gets nfl interest could make them self a full nfl career if they just commit them self to excelling on teams. He seems like that kinda guy. With some eye popping numbers to back em up.

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the kid definitely reeks of a MOS player....but likely a good shot at the NFL first.

thats the truth. 

Holy sweet crap this guy is a missile. 

1 hour ago, tracker said:

I have no inside info, but I would bet he will be in the CFL this season. He does not fit the NFL linebacker model. Soooo....here come de Judge.

a guy like him can easily make the nfl to play teams alone though. his size would work as a back up saftey as well. 

https://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2017/04/26/nfl-draft-tip-of-the-iceberg-for-top-canadian.html

One of those teams, the Green Bay Packers, invited the six-foot-six, 315-pound Gray to Wisconsin for a visit. Gray is the CFL draft’s third-ranked prospect but his agent, Darren Gill, said all the mechanical engineering major wants is a chance to play in the NFL.

7 hours ago, Floyd said:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2017/04/26/nfl-draft-tip-of-the-iceberg-for-top-canadian.html

One of those teams, the Green Bay Packers, invited the six-foot-six, 315-pound Gray to Wisconsin for a visit. Gray is the CFL draft’s third-ranked prospect but his agent, Darren Gill, said all the mechanical engineering major wants is a chance to play in the NFL.

Shakes fist at sky

Between Judge and Colling, we'll have the opportunity to really improve our roster more than anticipated at 6.

EDIT: Sorry, let me clarify ... I'm not suggesting we'll take either guy, I just mean they've entered into the upper echelon of the draft board and as a result, the draft is deeper at the top now. Judge could mean us having the chance to take a guy like Vandervoort at 6. I wouldn't say no to Judge either depending on how the NFL Draft shakes down.

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I think my favourite part of this article might be the accompanying picture of Kyle Walters with Joe Mack sneering in the background...

C7zyqTXXQAAlLRZ

I'm not usually big on those "Quote This Pic" things, 'cause they're usually lame, but this one has potential for some good stuff, as clearly someone just dropped ass and Mack is the first to notice...

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Between Judge and Colling, we'll have the opportunity to really improve our roster more than anticipated at 6.

EDIT: Sorry, let me clarify ... I'm not suggesting we'll take either guy, I just mean they've entered into the upper echelon of the draft board and as a result, the draft is deeper at the top now. Judge could mean us having the chance to take a guy like Vandervoort at 6. I wouldn't say no to Judge either depending on how the NFL Draft shakes down.

IMOP if judge was willing to sign a 2-3 year deal hed be worth the first over all imop. 

39 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm not usually big on those "Quote This Pic" things, 'cause they're usually lame, but this one has potential for some good stuff, as clearly someone just dropped ass and Mack is the first to notice...

lol i was thinking the same thing, looks like mack's breathin it in, walters got distracted from his phone by it,  the guy on the left is trying to figure out wtf that noise was and the guy behind mack is about to high tail it outta there

43 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

IMOP if judge was willing to sign a 2-3 year deal hed be worth the first over all imop. 

Judge seems to have a nose for the ball and sheds blocks incredibly well. Can't teach those things. Definitely a first-rounder if he is willing to sign.

20 minutes ago, tracker said:

Judge seems to have a nose for the ball and sheds blocks incredibly well. Can't teach those things. Definitely a first-rounder if he is willing to sign.

yeah hes got great football instincts, work ethic, and is out of this world athletically for a NI. On top of that hes a guy who relishes playing teams. He would have scored among the best ranks at the combine this year, save for the bench.