CFL Draft

Floyd

I could really see Judge coming to the CFL for three years - following Muamba's development...  but do you want that at first overall?

Collings and Bladek are probably your safest first overall talent picks - guys that can step in, play now and NFL dreams are done

Ankou, Gray, Mulumba, Ekakitie, Judge all have higher ceilings with higher risk...

Can't totally rule out Spooner, Vandervoort or Luke at first overall either...

Fun draft this year.  Thank you Drew Willy.

14 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I could really see Judge coming to the CFL for three years - following Muamba's development...  but do you want that at first overall?

Collings and Bladek are probably your safest first overall talent picks - guys that can step in, play now and NFL dreams are done

Ankou, Gray, Mulumba, Ekakitie, Judge all have higher ceilings with higher risk...

Can't totally rule out Spooner, Vandervoort or Luke at first overall either...

Fun draft this year.  Thank you Drew Willy.

I could see judge having a good impact as a rotational / package guy right away as well as on team. The package in particular last year that hurl came in on to get an extra imp db on the field. 

I like collings too. Hes in the top tier of chance to be in camp in the first round this year imop. His impact would be similar on defense. In that he would rotate with Jake. He would have a better chance to take the starting job for sure. But wouldnt be nearly as impact full on teams. I also like butcher in that roll. And judge would probably be our best NI lber right away, plus give us the ability to start a NI there if needed. 

It will be interesting to see what we do. There is a lot of risk on the board and a few guys that will have atleast 1 or 2 teams kicking them self for gambling. The amount of talent available in the top 15 has soo little drop off (including gambles). if we draft as well as last year we are going to be in an incredible position NI wise for years to come. 

55 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I dreamed Austin got drank and sent Laurent & #4 overall for our #1 so he can pick Vandervoot at #1. ?

still wouldnt be as one sided as the willy trade  :lol:

19 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Watching the NFL Draft reminds me of how Mickey Mouse the draft on TSN is. Cover the first round, put it on the Internet after that but unable to watch the service provided.

you might wanna skip the cfl draft then, picks made were on twitter n junk like 5minutes before they were made. :lol: Its soo long and drawn out too.  I like drafts, but I think they would all be improved if they were sped up like 400%. 

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

still wouldnt be as one sided as the willy trade  :lol:

you might wanna skip the cfl draft then, picks made were on twitter n junk like 5minutes before they were made. :lol: Its soo long and drawn out too.  I like drafts, but I think they would all be improved if they were sped up like 400%. 

I don't know. I drank a few beers and was pretty entertained throughout the night.

I actually feel we are almost at the point where we can go BP at 1... whether that guy gets an NFL shot doesn't really bother me or weigh in on my decision making.  If I was picking 1st overall I'd take Geoff Gray OG Manitoba.  I think it's kind of a no brainer actually.  

Take Gray... regardless of what happens with him... NFL whatever.... he's the guy I take. 

With our 2nd first Rd pick I'd take a guy who I know will be at camp this year. 

21 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I actually feel we are almost at the point where we can go BP at 1... whether that guy gets an NFL shot doesn't really bother me or weigh in on my decision making.  If I was picking 1st overall I'd take Geoff Gray OG Manitoba.  I think it's kind of a no brainer actually.  

Take Gray... regardless of what happens with him... NFL whatever.... he's the guy I take. 

My God, how long does the NFL draft go on for?  So far they're in round 6 and as far as I can see no CDN. players have been drafted yet.

24 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'm sure it's easy for you to say that when it's not your job, your finances, the stability of the franchise you're so invested in and your family's ability to stay located where they are at stake.

It's never a no brainer in the CFL Draft. The goalposts are moving every day.

13 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

My God, how long does the NFL draft go on for?  So far they're in round 6 and as far as I can see no CDN. players have been drafted yet.

Apparently in  Gray's case, he'll be glued to the draft on Sat. along with his family...Seems to think he might have a shot at going at that time ...Luv to see the guy a Bomber on the 7th. BUT I think someone is going to take him in the final rounds...We shall see.....

23 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm sure it's easy for you to say that when it's not your job, your finances, the stability of the franchise you're so invested in and your family's ability to stay located where they are at stake.

It's never a no brainer in the CFL Draft. The goalposts are moving every day.

We haven't reached a point where we can waste the very first pick in the CFL on any player who may never be here if he signs with an NFL team.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

22 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The Draft has always been a 3 day event. Nothing new here.  Where CFL teams will become interested is what happens after the draft. How many CFL Draft eligible players sign FA contracts with NFL teams. Like Gray & Auclair.

7 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Apparently in  Gray's case, he'll be glued to the draft on Sat. along with his family...Seems to think he might have a shot at going at that time ...Luv to see the guy a Bomber on the 7th. BUT I think someone is going to take him in the final rounds...We shall see.....

Only 45 picks to go.

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

This is not just about the sport of football- its show business. Like the prolonged agony of a 4 hour Academy Awards show.

11 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I get the distinct impression from his past interviews that Walters wants to avoid that scenario at all costs.

Oh yes, for sure. We need to build both starting strength & depth. Throwing a bunch of mud to a wall hoping some of it will stick isn't how you build a winning team.

CFL Draft (Final)

1. Wpg - Gray -  Judge - Toss up between Judge and Bladek...  I like the Bladek pick better but Judge sounds like Osh 2.0
  2. Sask - Bladek - Sask needs OL, plain and simple.  Woods is a project.
  3. BC - Vandevoort - Wally pick Vandevoort both for need and to be a ****.
  4. Ham - Spooner - Spooner could step in, Ham needs to shore up OL
  5. Esks - Ankou - Colling - If Hervey was still there, I'd leave this at Ankou... but Sunderland will want instant impact
  6. Wpg - Behar - Behar can step in immediately on ST, maybe starting REC by Labour Day.
  7. BC - Colling - EkakitieBuono gets a potentially game ready DL
  8. Cal - Mulumba - Cal builds depth behind Singleton
  9. Ott - Ekakitie - Luke - Ott loves DL
  10. Tor - Woods - Want to say Popp goes completely off the board - like Gosselin or something - but he still loves Cdn tackles
  11. Sask - Luke - Herdman - Jones shores up MLB
  12. Mtl - Augustine - Kavis Reed reaches a bit
  13. Ham - Woodson - Ham keeps building Cdn DB depth.
  14. Esks - Picton - Wright - Sunderland makes another safe pick.
  15. Wpg - Herdman - Ankou - Walters takes a futures pick 
  16. BC - Wright - JS Roy - Buono build his OL
  17. Cal - Senior - Auclair - Huf gets an intern to pick BPA.
  18. Ott - JS Roy Gosselin - Another Frenchie for Ottawa
Edited by Floyd

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What does Walter do now? Ankou, Gray & Senior sign with the NFL.

I heard, someone adviced him to contact this "guy" who did not lost sleep and did not experienced headaches in CFL draft on his 10+ year experience as a GM. He reached out to this guy and the advice was "Trade the pick." 

Apparently this guy's initial is "BT".

Edited by M.O.A.B.