Bomber Running Backs Coach Quits

I'm thinking RB coach is probably one of the lowest paid coaches. If I'm not mistaken for a long time the qb coach was also doubled as RB coach on most teams. Can't blame a guy if other opportunities come up. It's not like he was a coordinator.  I can't recall who the RB coaches were in the past. I thought they all double in another position.  

Edited by Dirty30

5 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

I'm thinking RB coach is probably one of the lowest paid coaches. If I'm not mistaken for a long time the qb coach was also doubled as RB coach on most teams. Can't blame a guy if other opportunities come up. It's not like he was a coordinator.  I can't recall who the RB coaches were in the past. I thought they all double in another position.  

The only thing I'll say is he knew what he was getting into before he was hired salary wise. Cobourne was a player & a coach in the CFL for years. If it was all about the money then perhaps he never should have been a CFL position coach in the first place. If the pay is that bad, which I kind of doubt. Most coaches use these positions to better themselves as they move up the ladder, career wise. Being a successful position coach can lead to coordinator & head coaching opportunities in the years ahead in the pros & college. Most coaches would love to start their careers in the CFL instead of high school, junior college or as Grad Assistants in the NCAA. Just to get to the CFL is a combination of hard work, talent, luck & who you know (connections) for most coaches. Lower paying positions could lead to big paydays in the future. Starting out in the CFL is a tremendous opportunity.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Call in Rod Rust or Dave Ritchie on an emergency basis.  And make sure you have a defibrillator on stand-by.  Oh wait, they would have already had one for Wylie.  Never mind.

whoa rod rust blast from the past. guy must be 300 years old now. :lol:

13 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

2005 Blue Bomber defence - still one of the worst in league history as there was no Defensive co-ordinator calling in any plays, just the White Zombie staring off into space.  Though it still was a better D than we had under Etch.

Tbh the only thing that prevents this current D from being that bad or worse is massive amount of turn overs forced by our play makers. We couldnt stop the run or the pass for stink. 

16 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

2005 Blue Bomber defence - still one of the worst in league history as there was no Defensive co-ordinator calling in any plays, just the White Zombie staring off into space.  Though it still was a better D than we had under Etch.

It most certainly was not.  That 2005 defence was the worst I've ever seen in pro football.

I remember MOS talking last year about how he hates the term "turnover" and the team uses "Take Away", because he feels like turnover undervalues the work of the defense on those defensive plays. Somehow it's always looked at as the offense made a mistake and that's the only reason it happened, rather than giving the defense any credit at all for it, which some would argue is more often the case...

49 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I remember MOS talking last year about how he hates the term "turnover" and the team uses "Take Away", because he feels like turnover undervalues the work of the defense on those defensive plays. Somehow it's always looked at as the offense made a mistake and that's the only reason it happened, rather than giving the defense any credit at all for it, which some would argue is more often the case...

The only thing that annoyed me about that is the ends the Winnipeg journalists, in particular Bauming, went on and on about this comment last year. Bauming even added it to his repertoire and commented anytime someone called it a turnover.

Fine if the Bombers and Tait call it a takeaway but why does the media now need to call it a takeaway? Are we going to refer to some as turnovers and some as takeaways? Always felt like Bauming was trying to suck up to MOS.

Just now, JCon said:

The only thing that annoyed me about that is the ends the Winnipeg journalists, in particular Bauming, went on and on about this comment last year. Bauming even added it to his repertoire and commented anytime someone called it a turnover.

Fine if the Bombers and Tait call it a takeaway but why does the media now need to call it a takeaway? Are we going to refer to some as turnovers and some as takeaways? Always felt like Bauming was trying to suck up to MOS.

I think it's nice to see more nuance in reporting.  Not all turnovers are equal.  If Kevin Glenn throws it right to a linebacker, that's a giveaway.  If Taylor Loffler destroys a receiver across the middle to force a fumble, that's a takeaway.  Why not call it by the right name?

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I think it's nice to see more nuance in reporting.  Not all turnovers are equal.  If Kevin Glenn throws it right to a linebacker, that's a giveaway.  If Taylor Loffler destroys a receiver across the middle to force a fumble, that's a takeaway.  Why not call it by the right name?

Go ahead and change the lexicon. Call some turnovers and some takeaways. Don't make a big deal about (over and over again) and call them all takeaways.  

I suspect the prevalence of the term turn over is because most people tend to be offense focused as opposed to defense focused. I mean really if the offense does their jobs perfectly there will never be a turn over because even a forced turn over can still be boiled down to a mistake by the team with the ball. 

7 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

So the only thing that prevented them from being worse was being better?

reductio ad absurdum much?

Our play makers last year were in a position to make plays on the ball and force turn overs. vs the front 7 heavy group in 05 with walls, canada, wickman, flemming, brown, etc