Bomber Running Backs Coach Quits

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

reductio ad absurdum much?

Our play makers last year were in a position to make plays on the ball and force turn overs. vs the front 7 heavy group in 05 with walls, canada, wickman, flemming, brown, etc

Not sure that Sweep's argument can be described that way, but you should get points for trying.

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

I remember MOS talking last year about how he hates the term "turnover" and the team uses "Take Away", because he feels like turnover undervalues the work of the defense on those defensive plays. Somehow it's always looked at as the offense made a mistake and that's the only reason it happened, rather than giving the defense any credit at all for it, which some would argue is more often the case...

Well, if you extend that further it becomes rather awkward. Hypothetically speaking, if a QB or a receiver gets rocked, resulting in an interception, maybe that shouldn't count against the QB's TD to interception ratio. 

12 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Well, if you extend that further it becomes rather awkward. Hypothetically speaking, if a QB or a receiver gets rocked, resulting in an interception, maybe that shouldn't count against the QB's TD to interception ratio. 

What's that saying about how all stats are 100% accurate and tell the complete story?...

On 4/3/2017 at 9:42 PM, Mark H. said:

if you go to that point, do you count plays where the qb throws right to a db and the db drops it, or a wr makes a fantastic break up as a pick for the qb? Stats need to have a high level of repetitions to paint a good picture. like wise they also need to be grounded with supporting stats. Other wise kohlert is the best qb to suit up last year.

thats why stats are a huge part of baseball, and have a cult following in basketball but are much further behind in football. its a small sample size. 

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I got a feeling Marty Costelo will be moved from Assistant OL coach to RB coach. He was a Running Game coordinator at one time in his career.

Then who is the O-Line coach?... I assumed Costello would become the OL coach when big bad Bob went down south...

6 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Then who is the O-Line coach?... I assumed Costello would become the OL coach when big bad Bob went down south...

Paul something or other senior.  Boudreau.  Junior is also a coach on the Bombers.  Not sure why senior isn't listed on the website.

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

Paul something or other senior.  Boudreau.  Junior is also a coach on the Bombers.  Not sure why senior isn't listed on the website.

They aren't going to put the names of new coaches on the website until after they announce a hiring which they haven't done yet. 

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

ah yes... I do recall there being some confusion about multiple Paul Boudreaus.... Boudreaui.... Boudreaux?