Game 80 : 3 Games Left @ Blues

32 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

This is great. I'm excited for next year. Who needs the playoffs when you can rattle off five straight wins once you're eliminated.  Maybe next year we'll win six in a row once we're eliminated

maurice_paul_hor.jpg

Nice 5 game winning streak and playing much better as a team. One small barrier struck down, but many other small ones to overcome. This team truly does have talented players and they seem to really enjoy playing together. 

Armia, Lowry, Little, Scheifele, Ehlers, Laine, Wheeler, Perrault, Byfuglien, Morrissey, Trouba, Myers, Enstrom...with help from Stafford, Taney, Matthias, Petan, Dano, Copp and sundry other veterans and rookies.

Is next year the year they move along? With a new veteran goalie? A new defensive structure? We can only wish.

13 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Nice 5 game winning streak and playing much better as a team. One small barrier struck down, but many other small ones to overcome. This team truly does have talented players and they seem to really enjoy playing together. 

Armia, Lowry, Little, Scheifele, Ehlers, Laine, Wheeler, Perrault, Byfuglien, Morrissey, Trouba, Myers, Enstrom...with help from Stafford, Taney, Matthias, Petan, Dano, Copp and sundry other veterans and rookies.

Is next year the year they move along? With a new veteran goalie? A new defensive structure? We can only wish.

This guy says no ...

1297823587489_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The team almost literally cant get worse.  With talented young players who will get better, additions of talent etc.  All Maurice has to do is keep blinding the media with fancy wording and sit back and enjoy all the accolades he will get if the Jets improve in any remote way.

Based on hockeydb.com...

Maurice has coached 19 seasons... if he wins two more times this year....  he will then have tied his 3rd best coaching season in his career. 

This season has been on par with his average success during his time in the league.  

I don't see them canning Maurice at all and I think he gets a 2 year deal in the off season.    

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The team almost literally cant get worse.  With talented young players who will get better, additions of talent etc.  All Maurice has to do is keep blinding the media with fancy wording and sit back and enjoy all the accolades he will get if the Jets improve in any remote way.

The problem I have with next season is that in all likelihood, we're going to ice a very similar looking team, built by the same guy and coached by the same staff.

Should it not improve, say 6 weeks into the season, what then?  Tear 'er down?

I just hope internally there's a lot more "WTF can we change here because what we do is NOT working" going on behind close doors that we're not aware of.  If it's as Lawless says, and extensions are already primed for Chevy & Maurice to sign and everything's hunky dory - then I've got serious concerns.

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

The problem I have with next season is that in all likelihood, we're going to ice a very similar looking team, built by the same guy and coached by the same staff.

Should it not improve, say 6 weeks into the season, what then?  Tear 'er down?

I just hope internally there's a lot more "WTF can we change here because what we do is NOT working" going on behind close doors that we're not aware of.  If it's as Lawless says, and extensions are already primed for Chevy & Maurice to sign and everything's hunky dory - then I've got serious concerns.

If there isnt marked improvement I think it falls squarely on Maurice and Chevy would have little choice but to fire.  Fans are getting sick of the excuses.  Schedule.  Injuries.  Bad D.  Bad goaltending.  Well, some of those can be on the coaches too.  Some on the GM.  Time to see some improvement or someone has to go and it wont be the players.

As frustrated as I am like most of you and I still think Huddy and Flaherty should go...before this season I did write here (somewhere) that it would not surprise me if the Jets had a worse record than last season.  I thought it was very likely they took a step back with the youth.  I also noted my belief that the Jets would not slowly rise but would "flip the switch" and be significantly better.  We might be seeing that.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

As frustrated as I am like most of you and I still think Huddy and Flaherty should go...before this season I did write here (somewhere) that it would not surprise me if the Jets had a worse record than last season.  I thought it was very likely they took a step back with the youth.  I also noted my belief that the Jets would not slowly rise but would "flip the switch" and be significantly better.  We might be seeing that.

Same as last year. Winning streak at end turning bad season into rainbows.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

D needs to be upgraded. Melchiori and Stu aren't good. 

A healthy D with Poolman competing for a spot.  I'd like another decent bottom pairing guy in that mix.  Chiarot, I dont mind.  I think Poolman will end up winning that last job. 

A healthy D all season and we probably make the playoffs.  A veteran goalie that is league average, we probably make the playoffs.  Better D coach, better goalie coach and we likely make the playoffs.  So...Im calling it, guaranteed playoffs next season.  ;-)