Game 80 : 3 Games Left @ Blues

Just now, Goalie said:

No. Last year we were awful.  

This year. Our kids have been good. 

We are probably 11th 12th worst right now. 

Last year we were 6th worst 

Good teams get aided by their youth.  They are fresh legs, energy & outlook. Not to mention skill.  They make the team better.

Our youth is the excuse.  Our youth is holding us back; see Maurice's comments about Ehlers throughout the year, or Laine on the 4th Moose powerplay unit. We struggle because we're young. 

Comparing the Jets to many other teams is like comparing the Cleveland Cavs with the Winnipeg Cyclone.  Yeah, it's the same sport.  But pretty much a different league.  And expectations of success..... well, I'm still waiting on those. Hopefully year 7 is the year we expect to make the playoffs. 

It seems ppl are 2 hung up on the draft.  We want Patrick right? Well... Patrick and hischier are good but they aren't Matthews Laine good.

2011 draft... RNH first overall.  Scheif 7th I think. Redo that draft.. Scheif goes 1st. 

2017 draft... guy taken at 12 15th could be the best player in 5 years. There is no consensus that Patrick and hischier are any better than glass  or much needed D like valimaki or heiskanen 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Good teams get aided by their youth.  They are fresh legs, energy & outlook. Not to mention skill.  They make the team better.

Our youth is the excuse.  Our youth is holding us back; see Maurice's comments about Ehlers throughout the year, or Laine on the 4th Moose powerplay unit. We struggle because we're young. 

Comparing the Jets to many other teams is like comparing the Cleveland Cavs with the Winnipeg Cyclone.  Yeah, it's the same sport.  But pretty much a different league.  And expectations of success..... well, I'm still waiting on those. Hopefully year 7 is the year we expect to make the playoffs. 

We made the playoffs 2 years ago 

29 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It seems ppl are 2 hung up on the draft.  We want Patrick right? Well... Patrick and hischier are good but they aren't Matthews Laine good.

2011 draft... RNH first overall.  Scheif 7th I think. Redo that draft.. Scheif goes 1st. 

2017 draft... guy taken at 12 15th could be the best player in 5 years. There is no consensus that Patrick and hischier are any better than glass  or much needed D like valimaki or heiskanen 

I dont care about the draft.  We have our big youth picks.  Whatever happens will happen.  We'll get a good player regardless.  Not worried about tanking for a pick or whatever.  Who knows, maybe we win the lottery.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I like your point about the 2011 draft.  What a pick by by the Jets... and really fitting that their first ever pick turns out to be, likely, a franchise player for this team.  I mean, he's no Sean Couturier but he's pretty good.

he's no Joel Armia either...

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Looking at 2011 draft, whatever happened to Zack Yuen?  Led the WHL in plus/minus, never made it past the ECHL and then went to the KHL.  And he shoots LEFT! 

Around here, that means he should have been starting top pairing the next year.

Because, as we know, Stanley is a bust, like Morrissey was a bad pick.

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

PP and PK don't count towards the irrelevant plus minus Stat 

Jets are always on the PK, so if anything, it should help that useless stat. How can the other team score an even-strength goal, if they're always on the PP? Savvy.