Crompton released

bb1

MONTREAL — The Montreal Alouettes have parted ways with quarterback Jonathan Crompton, the team announced Tuesday.

Crompton, a 6-foot-4, 225-pound quarterback out of Tennessee, spent three seasons with the Als after originally entering the league with the Eskimos in 2013.The 29-year-old has played 15 games with the Als since his arrival in 2014, completing 200 of his 360 passes for 2,811 yards and 14 touchdown passes. He won nine of his 13 starts for the Als, including eight in 2014 when he took the Alouettes to the playoffs despite their 1-7 start.

“We thank Jonathan for all that he has done for this team,” said General Manager Kavis Reed. “Even though he was injured through most of the last two seasons, he always kept a positive attitude, while maintaining an excellent work ethic.”

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

A huge, league-altering move that required it's own thread and not be part of the Around The League Offseason Discussion, to be sure....

Yea this is the off-season we are getting way too much to handle football wise? anyway mods move it before anyone else is caused any pain.☺

Edited by bb1

As someone who does not have time check the board multiple times per day or even per week, I appreciate the dedicated threads for cfl news.   It's hard to catch up in a single thread starting a few days back.  And personally I like the feeling that the board is busier even if it's not really.   And it no where close to how many threads a nasty fellow would start in a day or perhaps an hour in a years gone by.  

The guy was a winner,   he definitely if healthy would be a solid back up for a team to have.    

The numbers don't wow but the Wins/Losses do impress.    He was also doing this with a team that didn't have the crazy defense that Bishop had during his magical run several years ago. 

23 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

As someone who does not have time check the board multiple times per day or even per week, I appreciate the dedicated threads for cfl news.   It's hard to catch up in a single thread starting a few days back.  And personally I like the feeling that the board is busier even if it's not really.   And it no where close to how many threads a nasty fellow would start in a day or perhaps an hour in a years gone by.  

That idiot is over on the CFL website in their forum trashing everything about the Bombers. Glad he's there & not here.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The guy was a winner,   he definitely if healthy would be a solid back up for a team to have.    

The numbers don't wow but the Wins/Losses do impress.    He was also doing this with a team that didn't have the crazy defense that Bishop had during his magical run several years ago. 

Watching Jonathan Crompton play, I never thought he was a winner. I thought his accuracy was always questionable as was his ability to exploit a defense as a qb. He won most of his games because his team around him played better. I think any competent qb with the Als back then would have won. Crompton wasn't special in any way. At least that's what I think.

22 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Watching Jonathan Crompton play, I never thought he was a winner. I thought his accuracy was always questionable as was his ability to exploit a defense as a qb. He won most of his games because his team around him played better. I think any competent qb with the Als back then would have won. Crompton wasn't special in any way. At least that's what I think.

Stamp fan on RF had a good idea with Crompton being brought into Calgary to compete against Gale for 3rd spot (Buckley moving to 2) maybe with the tutelage of Dickenson and Huff, Crompton could improve as a QB

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

If I remember correctly, didn't he actually ride his Defence for a good portion of those wins?

Anyway, I hope the Riders sign him and cut Bridge so kluckhs (of whatever the **** that guys name is) head explodes.

18 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

hoping the Riders pickup Crompton and Kilgore and release Bennett

considering what we have and those 3 given the choice id take almost any one else for qb4 in tc. Its kinda strange, havent heard of a deal for MBT, or us picking up a young guy to be the 4th. its great having that extra arm for mini camp and early in camp. Works great with a young developmental qb new to the cfl. (which is the direction i hope we go)