Crompton released

bb1

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

There's worse third stringers we could bring in. Nothing wrong with bringing him in and seeing how he looks with his hat on backwards, pencil in hand with a clip board.

I'd be all in on Crompton it if the Bombers hadn't already signed LeFevour.  What I picked up from watching him was that he was primarily a smart QB who got things done, despite his multitude of critics.  Queue forms below.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

32 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'd be all in on Crompton it if the Bombers hadn't already signed LeFevour.  What I picked up from watching him was that he was primarily a smart QB who got things done, despite his multitude of critics.  Queue froms below.

I'm in Le-Favour of keeping LeFevour (soooo corny)....   main reason is that Danny gives us a different look with his running abilities and maybe we can have a few different plays designed to use his skills as a change of pace.

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

they're both awful, but I'd rather have LeFevour over Crompton......not by much tho. I'm sincerely hoping Davis lights it up in camp and wins the 2 spot outright.

Is LeFevour absolutely awful?    Considering he came to Toronto and after a few weeks they started him and he passed for over 300 yards and 4 TD's against our very good defense.

I'd say LeFevour is light years better then most of the guys we have slotted in as back up over the last 5 seasons?   Do you not remember Jason Boltus?

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Is LeFevour absolutely awful?    Considering he came to Toronto and after a few weeks they started him and he passed for over 300 yards and 4 TD's against our very good defense.

I'd say LeFevour is light years better then most of the guys we have slotted in as back up over the last 5 seasons?   Do you not remember Jason Boltus?

Ahem..........our air defence from last year?? Giant "yikes" there.....

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Lefevour is terrible...but he has some experience. Whatever. I still hope the guy we've been training up the last couple years steps up and takes the reins...

I hope Nichols makes all of this talk about other Qb's a moot point for this upcoming season.

We're due. It's our year. After 20 umpteen years optimism still going strong. There's no alternative. 

How long into the season we start saying Go Jets Go? November?

43 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Lefevour is terrible...but he has some experience. Whatever. I still hope the guy we've been training up the last couple years steps up and takes the reins...

Which back ups or 3rd stringers in the league would you say are massive upgrades to LeFevour? 

17 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Stamp fan on RF had a good idea with Crompton being brought into Calgary to compete against Gale for 3rd spot (Buckley moving to 2) maybe with the tutelage of Dickenson and Huff, Crompton could improve as a QB

Buckley at 2? I don't know about that. I think it's Gales's job to lose.

9 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

There's worse third stringers we could bring in. Nothing wrong with bringing him in and seeing how he looks with his hat on backwards, pencil in hand with a clip board.

He'd look majestic, like he always does.  A cross between Tarzan and a unicorn.  But I'd rather just have the three best QBs we can find for our roster and worry about the calendar shoot at a later date.

Jokes aside, it's all whatever.  He actively participated and contributed in some games the Allouettes won.  He was given every chance to grab the starters job and couldn't do it.  Is his averageness worse or better than LeFevour's?  Neither opinion is something I'd dig my heels in on.  If for whatever reason the Bombers signed him, a wave of shoulders would shrug all across the province.  And if we don't, his legacy of maybe slightly better than Tanner Marsh will not get another chapter.

There's worse 3rd stringers we could bring in, but hopefully there are also better.

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

considering what we have and those 3 given the choice id take almost any one else for qb4 in tc. Its kinda strange, havent heard of a deal for MBT, or us picking up a young guy to be the 4th. its great having that extra arm for mini camp and early in camp. Works great with a young developmental qb new to the cfl. (which is the direction i hope we go)

I read that the Bombers will have the 3 QBs at mini-camp and 4 for rookie camp. 

15 hours ago, Brandon said:

tumblr_m5hm42K9Wq1r0p3n1.gif~c200

Edited by IC Khari

9 hours ago, mbrg said:

He'd look majestic, like he always does.  A cross between Tarzan and a unicorn.  But I'd rather just have the three best QBs we can find for our roster and worry about the calendar shoot at a later date.

Jokes aside, it's all whatever.  He actively participated and contributed in some games the Allouettes won.  He was given every chance to grab the starters job and couldn't do it.  Is his averageness worse or better than LeFevour's?  Neither opinion is something I'd dig my heels in on.  If for whatever reason the Bombers signed him, a wave of shoulders would shrug all across the province.  And if we don't, his legacy of maybe slightly better than Tanner Marsh will not get another chapter.

There's worse 3rd stringers we could bring in, but hopefully there are also better.

Yup agree.