Bombers Release Financial Report Ahead Of Fan Open House

Jpan85

1 minute ago, nate007 said:

The argument for the MPI-transit sponsorship was that it would help prevent people from drinking and driving after games. They provided funding for that specific initiative (show your ticket, ride for free) at the old stadium too.

Meh  MPI shouldnt be in law enforcement.  They already help fund the police.  I know the response is that it costs MPI (and thus us) more to pay out claims related to drunk driving accidents, deaths etc so if they can reduce that then it reduces their over-all costs.  But I'd like to know their investment in these initiatives versus the costs of claims and the stats to show an over-all reduction.

Then again, Liquor and Lotteries also sponsors.  So you have one government pocket saying "drink!!" and another saying "but dont drive".  Great message for sure.  But...still dont like the idea of government monopolies spending our money to market themselves.

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The park and ride is fantastic,  I'd be willing to pay $10 for the service if they needed to generate more cash. 

I'd suggest that adults pay $10  and children at $5 or even free.  

It's a great service.

It's an excellent service but if they raised it to $10 I'm not sure I'd use it.

edit:  I currently use park & ride pretty much exclusively

Edited by Atomic

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It's an excellent service but if they raised it to $10 I'm not sure I'd use it.

edit:  I currently use park & ride pretty much exclusively

When I see people massively overpaying for beer at the stadium I would assume that most fans have the extra 5 dollars to get to the stadium and back.

If it's just me and my dad going to the game we do park and ride ($10 total) just for the luxury of getting dropped off in front of the gates, any more with us like my son and/or aunt and we'll pay the $10 at one of the parking lots on pembina and walk.  They primarily use school buses tho, at least to the games,  and use more transit buses after the game, I wonder if using the school buses is an extra cost

Bartley KivesVerified account @bkives  45s46 seconds ago
Wade Miller says Southwest Transitway leg to IGF ought to be finished in July. This will take buses off Chancellor & University. #cbcmb

Bartley KivesVerified account @bkives  38s38 seconds ago
This means cars and buses won't compete for space. Ergo, less congestion before and after games.

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

Guys, one thing to consider as I mentioned before is our goal to make coming to games a family affordable experience. Raising prices for park and ride right now will shoot us in the foot as we try and take a step forward. 

There are ways to battle this large transportation expense but raising prices is not one of them.

Are you able to mention any ideas that have been batted about around the office? I'm just sorta curious what potential options there might be...

16 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

Guys, one thing to consider as I mentioned before is our goal to make coming to games a family affordable experience. Raising prices for park and ride right now will shoot us in the foot as we try and take a step forward. 

There are ways to battle this large transportation expense but raising prices is not one of them.

Glad to hear this.  "Just charge people more" is a weak and unimaginative solution.  Very NDP.

I was thinking about sponsorship.  Can they plaster the buses in banners and sell sponsorship that way?  Make the "season pass" a sponsored thing and include advertising on the pass etc.

There might be a price point where they can hit that generates more revenue and only lowers usage a little.  A lot more people drive in the first year then now.  If they raised the price and lost a few customers to driving, it wouldnt have a terribly negative impact on area traffic, especially with the better access the Rapid Transit will allow.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:
Bartley KivesVerified account @bkives  5m5 minutes ago
Wpg Football Club posted $2.8M profit on football ops in 2016 But $4.5M stadium loan payment led club to withdraw $1.7M fr reserves. #cbcmb

2016 Kives means. So in red 1.7m. Wut woh.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Pretty good numbers for a year where attendance was down and there were no major events aside from the Heritage Classic.

But according to some peeps on MBB they didnt make dime off of that.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I wouldn't see the mortgage payment as saying that the team was in the red based on revenue vs football operation expenses.

Yeah sure a mortgage can be in some eyes/ways be considered an operating expense, but in the more telling way looking at it the team did make a profit based on the year, and the dipping in to cover part of the mortgage from their surplus funds (mainly accumulated from previous profits and revenue streams) is not a season of money hemorraging. 

Good on the team to cover this, as opposed to just saying "sorry...couldn't cover the whole amount this year"

From the standpoint of not many events last year, poorer attendance from the previous years of poor on field product, and other expenses that should be less moving forward that still is impressive.

Looking forward to whats planned this year event-wise, most likely better on field product and better gate and a possible home play-off date the 2017 financial report could be a profit of that again after paying the mortgage, and you could look at it almost as a profit of 2.8M plus 4.5M which again is a nice impressive number.

Just think back to the years where we were losing up to a million or more a year, and ran things bare boned, with next to no revenue from the old stadium, next to nothing for rent and the players got nothing more than their uni's and equipment and a couple meals a day, which were nothing like they get now.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue said:

Is it a large expense though?

If affordability was a key point then why not cut the cost of concessions down to  comparable prices for what you would pay at a normal fast food restaurant?    

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Is it a large expense though?

If affordability was a key point then why not cut the cost of concessions down to  comparable prices for what you would pay at a normal fast food restaurant?    

Do you get a live sporting event at a normal fast food restaurant? That's a really bad example....