Game 82 : Predators @ 1 Game Left

1516JETS017_MTSCentre-VS-Graphics_620x33

Game Time : 6 Saturday. City-TV.

Game Stories : Jets -The last game of the season has them going for their 7th win in a row. Predators - It's a must-win game if they don't want to face Chicago.

Local Celeb Quote of the Game(Winnipeg Edition) : Doug Henning - If I produce a 450-pound Bengal tiger, it's going to create a lot more wonder than if I produce a rabbit.

What the Jets should have been playing for these last couple of weeks...

sE7XdFy.jpg

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Meh there's a lot of questions about Nolan Patricks game. It's a weak draft. I just like seeing our best players playing good hockey. We have Scheifele, and Wheeler in the top ten for points in the NHL. Our two best young players Laine, and Ehlers are top 30 in points in the NHL. Trouba who's been great all season is finding his offensive game that we havent truly seen since glimpses of it in his rookie season.  We have role players like Little and Perreault contributing. Hopefully Connor and maybe Roslovic can contribute next season. Guys like Pavs, Thorburn, and Stuart will be gone. There's still a question mark with goaltending and coaching but i still believe in Hellebuyck. Carey Price had a 9.05 Save percentage in his first full season after a good rookie season (9.20) Hellebuyck posted 9.18 and 9.06 respectively. I think the future still looks bright. Heck I feel a lot better getting a top ten draft pick and winning 7 in a row to close the season then getting a top 5 pick and losing 7 in a row to close the season. 

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

oh sadness woes, our season ends tonight, I swear the season just started. this is going to be a long summer

it's not going to be that long.  The thing about hockey is that there's only really a three month break, from mid June to mid Sept.  Not very long.  Now football on the other hand...it's an eternity...

On 4/7/2017 at 8:35 AM, Arnold_Palmer said:

Meh there's a lot of questions about Nolan Patricks game. It's a weak draft. I just like seeing our best players playing good hockey. We have Scheifele, and Wheeler in the top ten for points in the NHL. Our two best young players Laine, and Ehlers are top 30 in points in the NHL. Trouba who's been great all season is finding his offensive game that we havent truly seen since glimpses of it in his rookie season.  We have role players like Little and Perreault contributing. Hopefully Connor and maybe Roslovic can contribute next season. Guys like Pavs, Thorburn, and Stuart will be gone. There's still a question mark with goaltending and coaching but i still believe in Hellebuyck. Carey Price had a 9.05 Save percentage in his first full season after a good rookie season (9.20) Hellebuyck posted 9.18 and 9.06 respectively. I think the future still looks bright. Heck I feel a lot better getting a top ten draft pick and winning 7 in a row to close the season then getting a top 5 pick and losing 7 in a row to close the season. 

Agree with most of what you write here but Bryan Little a role player? When healthy he's more than a role player for this team imo.

5 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

it's not going to be that long.  The thing about hockey is that there's only really a three month break, from mid June to mid Sept.  Not very long.  Now football on the other hand...it's an eternity...

sigh, I was referring to the Jets, that is what I mean by long summer. sure I have playoffs to tide me over until football season starts, but as soon as all the canadian teams are eliminated that's when the length starts

7 hours ago, JCon said:

A long, wonderful summer, filled with evenings at the stadium and competitive football team. Is it June yet?!?!?!?!?

yeah but how fun is it when the Bombers are on a losing streak? I'm afraid that Nichols won't be able to deliver like he did last year and either he'll have a slump, or he'll break

Edited by iHeart

1st Period

Nada happened.

2nd Period

Giveaway on the PP makes it 1-0 Preds.

2-0 on a Preds PP but might be interference. It is. Back to 1-0. Nash challenges and loses challenge.

Out shot in the second by 15 I think. Ouch.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg