Game 82 : Predators @ 1 Game Left

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

****-can Thorbs, Stuart, Pavs and Enstrom.  Myers, Little, Trouba play all next year.  Find a goalie.  Poolman, Connor, Roslo step up next year.  Should be good.

Well Thorbs and Pavs are UFA's. Stu's got an in with the company so he not leaving the city. Enstrom...well that is interesting isn't it?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

On 2017-04-08 at 11:24 AM, kelownabomberfan said:

it's not going to be that long.  The thing about hockey is that there's only really a three month break, from mid June to mid Sept.  Not very long.  Now football on the other hand...it's an eternity...

Not with the Jets, usually about 5 :(

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

Who is on our 2nd pairing? 

5.75 million on the 3rd pair?  Yikes 

I don't care what Enstrom costs for 2017/18. We're not going to be at the cap and his contract comes off the books after.

Obviously, if Enstrom is in the 3rd pairing, we've added a top 4, LHD.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I don't care what Enstrom costs for 2017/18. We're not going to be at the cap and his contract comes off the books after.

Obviously, if Enstrom is in the 3rd pairing, we've added a top 4, LHD.

I don't care what he costs either, just want him gone.  And yes, I would take Melch any day of the week over Toby.  At least I don't have to cringe in shame every time someone just easily elbows Enstrom off the puck and throws it out front to an open man.  So tired of watching that. 

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't care what he costs either, just want him gone.  And yes, I would take Melch any day of the week over Toby.  At least I don't have to cringe in shame every time someone just easily elbows Enstrom off the puck and throws it out front to an open man.  So tired of watching that. 

There is no rush in moving him.  I'd keep him and look for a potential deadline deal although hopefully he has more value to the Jets playoff run next season.  But if they need to trade him now for expansion purposes, so be it.  Im fine with keeping him.  One way they might convince him to waive is NMC is to also offer him a new deal. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There is no rush in moving him.  I'd keep him and look for a potential deadline deal although hopefully he has more value to the Jets playoff run next season.  But if they need to trade him now for expansion purposes, so be it.  Im fine with keeping him.  One way they might convince him to waive is NMC is to also offer him a new deal. 

What kind of deal would you offer him to waive his NMC?

Jets would be looking for a pay cut from his current salary to re-sign him.  So his options would be waive his NMC, sign for less and extend his contract so that if he gets picked up by Vegas, he is stuck there longer.

Or play out his final season and see what he can actually get on the open market.

I don't think anyone is going to break the bank to sign him in free agency, but given those options, why wouldn't you opt to go and find out ... unless his heart is dead set on ending his career in Winnipeg.

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

What kind of deal would you offer him to waive his NMC?

Jets would be looking for a pay cut from his current salary to re-sign him.  So his options would be waive his NMC, sign for less and extend his contract so that if he gets picked up by Vegas, he is stuck there longer.

Or play out his final season and see what he can actually get on the open market.

I don't think anyone is going to break the bank to sign him in free agency, but given those options, why wouldn't you opt to go and find out ... unless his heart is dead set on ending his career in Winnipeg.

Either way he is getting less.  I dont think he's going to be a target for Vegas.  So I'd go to Vegas and make a deal to not pick him.  Jets cant re-sign him until; July 1st anyway so its after the draft.

For Vegas, if Toby is available they get an expensive player for one year.  they might see him as an asset to trade though.  But they'd probably prefer someone younger with term.  So Jets made a deal not to take him.

Jets go to Toby and say they have made a deal so Toby wont be picked by Vegas.  In return for waiving, here is a contract to sign on July 1st that extends him 3 years (maybe 4) for whatever fair market value is.  If Toby likes it here, a guaranteed contract is desirable.    If there is a deal not to be picked by Vegas, he loses nothing in waiving his NMC and gains that guaranteed extension.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Either way he is getting less.  I dont think he's going to be a target for Vegas.  So I'd go to Vegas and make a deal to not pick him.  Jets cant re-sign him until; July 1st anyway so its after the draft.

For Vegas, if Toby is available they get an expensive player for one year.  they might see him as an asset to trade though.  But they'd probably prefer someone younger with term.  So Jets made a deal not to take him.

Jets go to Toby and say they have made a deal so Toby wont be picked by Vegas.  In return for waiving, here is a contract to sign on July 1st that extends him 3 years (maybe 4) for whatever fair market value is.  If Toby likes it here, a guaranteed contract is desirable.    If there is a deal not to be picked by Vegas, he loses nothing in waiving his NMC and gains that guaranteed extension.

What's market value for Enstrom?

Just now, Rich said:

That is my issue with your proposal.  Getting both sides to agree on that really isn't that simple.

Wont be too hard.  Toby will know he's over-paid at current salary.  Both sides will have comparables and meet in the middle.  if Toby doesnt want to extend, so be it.  He can go play somewhere else in a year.  Point is, if he DOES want to extend here, then they will get a deal done.

Does his NMC run to the end of his deal?  It would be a shame if we didnt even reserve the option to trade him at the deadline, though possibly he'd waive to go to a contender if the Jets were not playoff-bound.